I recently tried to upgrade my software to the 4.7 version. My computer froze halfway through and now my BB has a black screen with red flashing light.

I have done some goggling and did the Command Promt thing (program files - common files - research in motion - app loader - loader.exe /nojvm) and when the Application Loader Wizard pops-up I get the USB-PIN: UNKNOWN. I click next and this is where I get stuck. Under Application Name it says: The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong, or what I should do to fix it?
    01-31-09 12:53 AM
    Can someone help me too1!!!! i have a similar problem!!!

my BB perl went into standby mode and i was stupid, and took out the battery. and now it wont turn back on and i get 3 flashing red lights onmy phone!!
    what can i do? I tried plugging in through USB but it cant detect it! how can i do a hardware reset!! I need help!! badlyyy thankss!!!
    01-31-09 02:19 AM
    i had a similar thing happen to me. I had to gets new phone' thank goodness I bought a warranty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 04:37 PM
    My phone was too messed up for fixing I guess. After spending 3 hours installing and re-installing software and fighting with passwords that don't exist, I called Telus and they told me to bring it in. I will be getting a whole new BB in 5 days.

My words of advice; don't try to update your BB software on a computer that may crash halfway through. And buy the extended warranty! Phew.
    01-31-09 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD