My beloved Pearl 8100 broke (to be specific my trackball FELL OUT at Sams Club and the new one is taking forever to get here) so I bought a brand new Pearl 8110 today. Love it!! I really like how the memory card slot is on the side, instead of under the battery (what a dumb design!).

I went into my desktop manager and backed up the old blackberry, it told me to plug in the new 8110, I did. It transferred everything fine except for my address book What gives? Is there a way to back up 'just' the address book so I can transfer it to the 8110? Ive tried it twice unsuccessfully.
    Last edited by MichBlackberryBoy; 08-25-08 at 06:04 PM.
    08-25-08 06:01 PM
    You can use the Desktop Manager Advanced option in Restore to restore just the Address Book, or any database you wish.
    08-25-08 06:33 PM
    Jeff, I did what you said and it says its "read only" and cannot restore to the device.
    08-25-08 08:18 PM
    EDIT: For some reason, when I backed up "Address book-all" it wouldnt let me restore to the new pearl 8110. However, it did let me restore the regular old "address book". Thanks Jeff for the help!
    08-25-08 08:22 PM
    I don't quite understand what happened, but it sounds like it ended ok. That's good.
    08-25-08 09:21 PM
    Jeff, I have the same sort of problem, but with no resolution. I backed up my 7290, then tried to restore to an 8800. Everything made it over except the address book (350 entires). I can see them on the file side, and nothing on the device side of the file manager. I have tried just to move that item over several times, to no avail.
    Bill
    08-30-08 09:01 AM
    Instead of a restore, have you tried a one way sync from outlook to the device?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-08 10:15 AM
    Have you tried the switch device wizard?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-08 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD