So i have the dreaded call log/sms text message deletion without any prior warning...now i have read quite a few posts and done quite the searches to find out that i have to basically monitor my space on my blackberry's device memory like crazy to keep it from falling under 12 mgb or so...even though i have a 8 GB card?! it seems pretty ridiculous to me that i have 7.5 gigs of free space on the micro smd memory card but still the phone deletes my texts because of supposed space problems? i downloaded the newest os for the phone (its a 8130 pearl) and read the tutorials but am still hovering at about 15 mb of free space! and every time i get a few emails or texts it goes down to 14mb ..does the total device memory consists of only 50mb? im a person who likes to keep his text messsages so does anyone have any solutions to my problem? maybe there is some way to utilize my huge *** memory card so i will have the full 50 mb of device memory all the time?? HELP pleasseeee
    07-21-08 04:20 AM
    Do a search on here for stoners guide to optimize your memory

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 04:27 AM
    Do what the guy above me said. I did, and when you optimize the free memory, you should have around 25MB's free space so your phone doesn't delete anything. Also, with that media card, you can only store media on it, not anything else like call logs or messages or anything. So technically it's not helping your memory at all, its just giving your phone somewhere else to store the media so it doesn't fill the device. If you aren't taking a lot of pictures/videos and don't have music, then the media card is useless.
    07-21-08 07:54 AM
    Your media card is only used for media files (video, music, ringtones, wallpapers, documents, pictures). Applications, sms, mms, email, etc all reside on device memory!! Go to Options > Status and check your file free... anything below 12,000,000 is not good.

You should definitely look into Stoner's Memory Guide... the link is in my signature!

you should have around 25MB's free space so your phone doesn't delete anything.
    That is false information, sir You need nowhere close to 25Mb free in order for your device to perform properly
    07-21-08 08:02 AM
    Your media card is only used for media files (video, music, ringtones, wallpapers, documents, pictures). Applications, sms, mms, email, etc all reside on device memory!! Go to Options > Status and check your file free... anything below 12,000,000 is not good.

You should definitely look into Stoner's Memory Guide... the link is in my signature!

That is false information, sir You need nowhere close to 25Mb free in order for your device to perform properly
    Sorry! TYPO! I meant that's how much I have free after optimizing my memory! Sorry guys!
    07-21-08 08:03 AM
    Sorry! TYPO! I meant that's how much I have free after optimizing my memory! Sorry guys!
    It's cool Just wanted to clear things up!
    07-21-08 08:04 AM
    i downloaded the newest os for the phone (its a 8130 pearl) and read the tutorials but am still hovering at about 15 mb of free space! and every time i get a few emails or texts it goes down to 14mb. im a person who likes to keep his text messsages so does anyone have any solutions to my problem? maybe there is some way to utilize my huge *** memory card so i will have the full 50 mb of device memory all the time??
    Couldn't agree more. The more I read, the more I realize that this will be a rant of mine. Unless I want to completely clear my device of everything but the essential apps, I will have to watch my available memory so it doesn't fall below 10mb. The problem I have is deciding, "What is essential?"
    07-21-08 06:01 PM
    Stoner's guide freed up about 10mb of memory for me, so it will definitely work for you!
    07-21-08 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD