I dont have a camera to take pics but I can answer any questions... MMS does work on it.. GPS does look like its disabled.. Everything else looks solid.. I linked it to my car and transfered all my contacts. Ask any questions you might have.

Scuba
    11-03-07 12:03 PM
    Lucky! I want pictures. Anyone have a cam you can borrow?
    11-03-07 12:15 PM
    congratrs scuba thats awesome...

mine comes on monday...

-db

enjoy it!
    11-03-07 12:18 PM
    trev-
    nice napolean d....

-db
    11-03-07 12:20 PM
    A review would be nice!
    11-03-07 12:25 PM
    Hi, On Verizon I assume?....Can you tell us things like the volume on the earpiece...is it loud enough...most verizon phones are fine here but just want to make sure.

Also can you do a test re: background noise suppression...perhaps call your voice mail...8830 seems to be awful...people you call can hardly hear you if you are in noisy place...and if you stop talking they heard background noise painfully loud. I turned up TV and called voice mail and tried....with my LG 8300 no problem at all...with blackberry you can really hear the background sounds.

Thanks
    11-03-07 12:28 PM
    Pros/Cons? Switch from ann 8830?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-07 04:15 PM
    I can't find any real cons for this phone. I’ve talk to quite a few people on it and everyone of them has said I sound better on this phone vs. the curve I just got rid of. Some of that could be the network as Verizon is the best network in this area so I am not sure. I noticed this phone has a echo canceling option that I didn’t see on the curve.. That seems to help out a lot. I tired the voicemail and it does pick up some background noise. I don’t have much to compare it to and I will call someone later today and turn the TV up and play some load music. I am trying to get use to the SURETYPE keyboard and its a tad hard but I am learning. Two cons I have is the 4.3 OS doesn’t allow my SmartBB program to work and the GPS is turned off. I would hope that if I get VZNav that I could use it with other programs but I can't test that till the 8th.. Doesn’t look like they have the program ready to download.
    11-05-07 06:00 AM
    Just to be crystal clear....Scuba you are recieving MMS pictures to the phone?
    11-05-07 12:02 PM
    I plan on getting the 8130 this weekend.

I was wondering about the web browser? Any upgrades since the original Pearl? And is the 30.00 dollar data plan actually "unlimited"?
    11-05-07 04:06 PM
    Just to be crystal clear....Scuba you are recieving MMS pictures to the phone?
    Yes I am.. I have sent quite a few has it tells me when they are delivered even if they arent on VZW. I love the MMS.
    11-05-07 05:07 PM
    I plan on getting the 8130 this weekend.

I was wondering about the web browser? Any upgrades since the original Pearl? And is the 30.00 dollar data plan actually "unlimited"?
    A few.. Nothing really to write home about though.. It is more like the broswer at home. It sets you with a mouse like pointer and you use that to select and move around. Also you can clear the cache on it now and watch youtube videos. Seems a little faster also but that again could be the EVDO.

I have read quite a few things about the unlimited plan. I think it is capped at 5GB.. And I cant see any way that someone could reach that without using it as a modem which cost $15 dollars extra to use.. I have the 29.99 plan and imagine will be very happy with it. I use the ohone to chat on beejive get mail from 3 email accounts and suft the web.. I also love beyond411.
    Last edited by Scuba629; 11-05-07 at 05:28 PM.
    11-05-07 05:12 PM
    Thanks alot for the help. I'll prob be hitting the site up a few more times as the weekend nears for either tips or questions.

I will prob be be texting a lot, surfing, and have only 2 e-mail accounts on the phone so from what i have been reading the 30.00 dollar plan sounds efficient...

This will be my 2nd smartphone, i had a treo 650 which i somehow broke and never got fixed so i have been using an LG VX9800 which has done its purpose as a texting machine, but i really want a better a browser and easier e-mail wouldn't hurt. I was looking at the LG Voyager as a replacement but i think im sold on the pearl 8130, especially how every review i have read has been above par.
    11-05-07 11:32 PM
    Hey Scuba,
    I just got my Pearl y-day and I cannot seem to turn the phone volume up. Can you help me with that? Also, My phone doesn't ring when it's in the jacket the phone came with. I can't seem to fix this problem. Please help. Besides that. I LOVE my PEARLY!! <-- yes, I named her. This is my first smartphone. I came from the LGChocolate <-- long list of complaints for that one.
    11-08-07 01:37 PM
    hey ILUV-
    go to profiles and change the "in-holster" settings under each profile to be louder.

I monkeyed around with mine and its pretty loud...

-db
    11-08-07 03:47 PM
    Thanks DaddyBear! I've got it to work now.
    11-08-07 06:37 PM
    no problem....

just here to feed the addiction haha..

welcome to the crack...

-db
    11-08-07 06:56 PM
    How did you transfer your contacts?!?

I just got my 8130 yesterday from my local verizon store. The IT guy in the back told me he couldn't transfer my contacts list from my old razr because they don't have the software to do it yet. Unbelievable... actually VERY believable...
    11-09-07 08:35 AM
    How did you transfer your contacts?!?

I just got my 8130 yesterday from my local verizon store. The IT guy in the back told me he couldn't transfer my contacts list from my old razr because they don't have the software to do it yet. Unbelievable... actually VERY believable...
    If verizon can't do it the only option you have is to sync it with outlook.. Get a software package for ther Razr that can copy your contacts to outlook.. Then setup your BB Manager to sync with outlook..
    11-09-07 08:46 AM
    I transfered mine manually...and it was a bummer...

-db
    11-09-07 11:57 AM
    Okay- I have another question. . . I downloaded an ebook on my pearl today. However, I don't know how to pull it up on my phone to read it. PLEASE HELP!!
    11-09-07 06:35 PM
    when u downloaded it...where did u save it?

-db
    11-09-07 08:56 PM
    I just upgraded from a 7130e to the Pearl 2, and I was able to sync up everything through a free 3rd party software called pocketmac. I'm on a apple computer at work and at home, but I'm sure they make something similar for PCs. It was seemless and only took about 30 seconds to transfer all the data, contacts, etc.
    11-09-07 09:39 PM
    congrats on the newly acquired device!
    11-09-07 09:59 PM
    is anyone having trouble uploading software to ur pearl 2? i'm trying to get im+ or jive talk and i get an error that says no additional apploications designed for ur device were found
    11-10-07 03:02 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD