I was wondering what software(s) I can use to synchronise things such as contacts, addresses, messages, emails, task list, calendar, memo, etc. between my PC and my BB?

Thanks.
    08-29-08 02:21 PM
    08-29-08 02:22 PM
    The BlackBerry uses a product called Desktop Manageer. It will sync Contacts, Calender, Notes, etc. to Outlook, Outlook Express, Yahoo and Google Mail.

It is available as a free download from https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22. You should download v4.6 and it is your choice if you get the version with media manager or not. Personally I would not touch the media manager version as it slows dow your PC even when DM is not running.

Once you have synced you can also do a Backup which generates a file with and extension type .ipd. This you can read with the product that seipmoney suggested but you need DM before you can get to that stage.

There is no software to sync emails. The BlackBerry simultaneously receives emails that your PC receives provided that you ahve set up the email account with your carrier using the BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS). BIS is part of the data plan ($ per month) and you can manage this yourself once you have an account.
    Last edited by Pete6; 08-29-08 at 02:34 PM.
    08-29-08 02:31 PM
    What about things such as task list or memo?
    08-29-08 05:05 PM
    Hi,
    I was following and trying to find an answer to my problems synching and backing up my 8130 Pearl so I can load it onto a replacement one.

I was looking at that ABC site and noticed the link for file extensions. I have had multiple problems with my BB changing the file extentions on pictures I take of family but also for painting. I contacted verizon about it but they said the pictures are lost for good . They offered no solution for either stopping this from happening or for fixing it. Does that link do that.. does anyone know? And how? Sorry, I am a fairly new BB user and have had multiple computer and BB problems !
    Diana
    08-29-08 11:09 PM
    I use DM and I syncronize with Yahoo. There are options when you click on syncronize to accomplish this. With regard to your photos, try saving them to a microSD card and using a card reader to transfer them to your computer.
    08-30-08 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD