I have looked around but can't find any answers to this question. When I read an email for my gmail account on my blackberry, it never reconciles to google as read. Other people say they have this working but I can't seem to get it to work. I have followed all the instructions to set it up from the gmail site.
    01-04-08 12:33 PM
    Did you set it up for IMAP or are you just using POP?

If you are using POP it wont reconcile the way you want, but if you can get IMAP to work it will mark them read in Gmail and vice versa. However I don't think you can use IMAP on Verizon as VZW won't let you edit the Port to make it compatible with Gmail.
    01-04-08 12:39 PM
    Could you point me to a thread on how to set gmail up in IMAP please? (AT&T)

Thanks!
    02-07-08 09:56 PM
    need 10 post to post url?
    02-07-08 10:48 PM
    here's 10 weeeeeee url comin right up!!
    02-07-08 10:48 PM
    02-07-08 10:49 PM
    Here's a link straight from Google:
    Thank you, dodguy, for the link. The setup of my Gmail account for my BlackBerry device per IMAP works well. However, reconciliation just does nothing at all. I expected that read status and deletion are synchronized in both directions.
    05-07-08 06:36 AM
    On my own domain email that is pushed to my bb through imap, it also doesn't reconcile the "read" status. Only receive and deleted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-08 06:47 AM
    What do you think, where is the reason to be expected that my Gmail-BB-reconciliation does not work, either:

(a) some configuration problem (maybe I missed some detail)
    (b) some Gmail related problem (maybe Gmail does not work as other mail services)
    (c) some device related problem (maybe a 8707 is too old for this)

BTW: In my case, nothing (neither read status nor deletion) is changed by launching "reconcile now".

To rule out (a): I exactly followed what was written on the above referenced webpage from Google, including "imap.google.com", port 993, SSL activation, "deletion on mailbox & handheld" and "wireless reconcile = ON".

Result: The message transfer (sending and receiving) works perfectly, but not the reconciliation.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.
    05-08-08 07:09 AM
    Nevermind, figured out the problem.... sorry!
    Last edited by pinkdaisy226; 05-08-08 at 10:53 AM.
    05-08-08 08:02 AM
    Some update on my reconciliation problem:
    * After IMAP BB-Gmail access configuration, I had to create a label "Sent Items" in Gmail, without the BB-sent emails would not have been stored in Gmail.
    * Receipt, read status and deletion synchronization DOES work in parts now. Details:
    * With IMAP, messages are received on BB only after a certain delay, approx. 1-13 minutes, which is acceptable for me, but maybe not for others. Does anyone know the reason why POP is so much faster than IMAP? ...or how to speed up IMAP BB Email receipt?
    * If I read or delete an Email on BB, this is forwarded/synchronized to Gmail relatively fast within approx. 20 seconds. This is really great!
    * Email deletion on Gmail IS forwarded to BB, even though very slowly, in the order of hours. ... better late than never.
    * If I read an Email on Gmail, this is NEVER forwarded to BB. Anyone knows, why read status does not behave in the same way as deletion?
    * Now what puzzles me: Using "reconcile now" does not change ANYTHING on the above. It remains completely without effect. Is this what I should have expected?
    Thank you in advance for answering any of the above questions.
    05-12-08 05:07 PM
    Some update on my reconciliation problem:
    * After IMAP BB-Gmail access configuration, I had to create a label "Sent Items" in Gmail, without the BB-sent emails would not have been stored in Gmail.
    * Receipt, read status and deletion synchronization DOES work in parts now. Details:
    * With IMAP, messages are received on BB only after a certain delay, approx. 1-13 minutes, which is acceptable for me, but maybe not for others. Does anyone know the reason why POP is so much faster than IMAP? ...or how to speed up IMAP BB Email receipt?
    * If I read or delete an Email on BB, this is forwarded/synchronized to Gmail relatively fast within approx. 20 seconds. This is really great!
    * Email deletion on Gmail IS forwarded to BB, even though very slowly, in the order of hours. ... better late than never.
    * If I read an Email on Gmail, this is NEVER forwarded to BB. Anyone knows, why read status does not behave in the same way as deletion?
    * Now what puzzles me: Using "reconcile now" does not change ANYTHING on the above. It remains completely without effect. Is this what I should have expected?
    Thank you in advance for answering any of the above questions.
    I'm having the same issues as you, on Verizon. This is clearly poorly configured on RIM/Google's end. I can't figure out which setup has fewer flaws! Regular BIS (pop or whatever it is)? Yeah I get my emails instantly and can delete them from the BB, but they always show up unread on the desktop, and I can't delete them from the server.

IMAP? After a 15 minute polling delay, I get the email... The message status syncs up, the deletions push from BB to server, but deletions still don't push from server to Blackberry.
    06-04-08 08:30 PM
    WOW, so I decided to run a test and put my Yahoo account on my blackberry. THIS WORKS PERFECTLY. How frustrating is that? Everything syncs up instantly using Yahoo.

Unfortunately, I've never used my Yahoo email for anything at all. But after seeing this behavior, I'm verrrry tempted to start making Yahoo my primary email address (how do you even start DOING that after all this time with gmail?).

Get the hint gmail?
    06-04-08 10:06 PM
    WOW, so I decided to run a test and put my Yahoo account on my blackberry. THIS WORKS PERFECTLY. How frustrating is that? Everything syncs up instantly using Yahoo.

Unfortunately, I've never used my Yahoo email for anything at all. But after seeing this behavior, I'm verrrry tempted to start making Yahoo my primary email address (how do you even start DOING that after all this time with gmail?).

Get the hint gmail?
    Yes. Gmail needs to fix this, but who the **** wants to tell someone their email address is @yahoo.com? Sounds bad. With Gmail, you can either use that name, or you can use your own domain name and use the Google servers. It's almost a perfect solution, except for frustrations like this, where things don't sync up the way they should.

Get with it Google and RIM.
    06-06-08 02:10 PM
    Yes. Gmail needs to fix this, but who the **** wants to tell someone their email address is @yahoo.com? Sounds bad. With Gmail, you can either use that name, or you can use your own domain name and use the Google servers. It's almost a perfect solution, except for frustrations like this, where things don't sync up the way they should.

Get with it Google and RIM.
    well ricky retardo, you can pay yahoo for use of your own domain name.
    12-21-08 12:30 AM
    well ricky retardo, you can pay yahoo for use of your own domain name.
    That was totally uncalled for. Try to be polite. We are all here trying to help each other. Derogatory statements don't help anyone and can be hurtful and offensive.
    12-21-08 02:20 AM
    Gmail does not seem to be two way correct?
    03-29-09 02:52 AM
    Gmail does not seem to be two way correct?
    Correct. As of BIS 2.6, it is only one way sync (read/unread and deletes) from BB->Gmail. Users claim that after a while (read: hours) it WILL eventually sync from Gmail to BB but I have never waited long enough to verify it. This one-way sync was specifically stated in the BIS 2.6 feature list.

I think I remember reading on BBreview or maybe even the crackberry frontpage that the BIS 2.7 feature list included 2-way sync + its own icon (like Yahoo! Mail). The article also mentioned that BIS 2.7 should be rolled out come summer time.
    Last edited by tbhuang2; 03-29-09 at 03:26 AM.
    03-29-09 03:23 AM
    I personally don't see what's taking gmail/rim so long to have two way sync setup like Yahoo does...
    03-29-09 06:53 AM
    They are like Sprint with new BB's- SLOWWWW
    03-29-09 07:15 AM
    Well, I had the same question (Gmail/BB reconciliation does "nothing") and guess what, almost 3 years after the start of this thread and there's still no budge! Ah well, we're not far off the 5 year mark now, what are the chances...
    03-10-11 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD