My girlfriend just got a pearl, and I've been running a Bold for about three and a half months now, and feel very confident in the ins and outs of my phone.

Planning on upgrading her to the latest OS (she's on T-Mo with an 8120) so, it'll be the new east asian.

I'm using Desktop manager 4.6 though, and was wondering if that is fine for her, or do I need to use 4.5 for her phone on her comp?

Also, I've been lurking the pearl forums here for a while, so I can know about her phone, but just wondering if there are any things that most pearl owners know that would be good for me to know too.

Thanks!
    07-02-09 09:52 PM
    Desktop Manager 4.6 will work fine for your girlfriend's Pearl. There's no need to install DM 4.5.
    07-02-09 10:15 PM
    If your looking through this sub-forum there really isn't much more we need to say most all the info is here so just use the search and glad that she's joined the addiction
    07-02-09 10:28 PM
    gt500 just make sure you delete the vendor.xml and if dm don't work. Run the loader.exe file to upgrade it
    07-03-09 02:17 PM
    You should just be able to hook the phone up to desktop manager and update it. I have the 8120 with tmoble and I was able to update just fine. Just be careful that you don't bump it or anything because then you will have to reload the whole os!I know that from personal experience! Not fun!

If your looking through this sub-forum there really isn't much more we need to say most all the info is here so just use the search and glad that she's joined the addiction
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD