Hello,

i have just bought a pearl 8120 in france and love it. the only problem is ....I set it up in english now I cannot find the french input language! I have trawled the net, read the numerous information literature and even went to the shop today to ask for help.

The lady told me to reinstal the disk in french, and then change the language to engish. I did this , but that only solves the desk top issue for the 'blackberry desktop manager', my mobile phone is still in English, there is no option for the french input language.........help please.......someone?

Thanks in advance

Laura
    02-28-08 12:37 PM
    Have you tried to select French language and French Input in:
    Options/Language (on your blackberry)?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-08 04:23 PM
    when i look at the options, french isnt on the list. I went to orange.fr andthey said it can only load so many languagues and i would have to do it manually but i do not know how to do this. helpp!!

thank you
    03-11-08 04:26 AM
    Hi,

Backup your phone and do a full reset into option > security menu.
    When the BB has booted up, it show you the setup wizard when you can choose the language you want to use as display and the language(s) you want to use as input. The languages that are not selected are erased from the BB that's why you don't have the choice at the moment.
    03-11-08 07:21 AM
    thanks thejam, Sorry its a bit late in replying been to the shop again for help on this one

but how do i do a full reset? I am really new to this.

Do I backup via the desktop manager? and then after that??
    03-13-08 04:31 PM
    Go to option > secrurity, press the key on the left of the trackball (the key with the blackberry logo), select wipe device, enter "blackberry" when prompted.
    03-16-08 06:31 AM
    in options>Security options > I dont have that choice: i have 'memory cleaning' is that the same? I am sorry I am being a bit dense. I have done a full back up tho!

L
    thank you by the way
    03-22-08 10:00 AM
    Hi,
    I have the same problem with my Pearl 8120;
    I deleted my extra languages initially through the setup wizard because I was quickly going through and now they cannot be reinserted. The 'Wipe Handheld' feature does NOT fix this problem as when it is reinitialised after a wipe the setup wizard does not hold all the languages it did when you start it the first time (out of the box).
    How can the extra languages be reinstalled?
    10-02-08 09:50 PM
    feel free to add me

vickings from paris

256f75c2

05-17-09 03:38 PM
    I have the same problem, I want french and I don't have it. Do I need a different OS?

Merci!
    05-17-09 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD