Here is the problem, when trying to browse for a ringtone, it freezes up. I just updated my os to .169 and when while resetting everything back to the way it was before the update. I had a ringtone set for bbm that I haven't made a ringtone, I just used a theme song from my music files.

Well when going thru profile setting, click on browse that's when it freezes up, I have to either turn off the BB or do a battery pull.

And after words I can't get back into the profiles, I'm not understanding what's going on.

The weird thing iis that this has happend before, and it or I did something and it stoped freezing, but don't remember what I did.

I don't think going back to my old os will fix it, plus I would have to find it, don't have it saved.

Any thoughts, this has me irated and confused.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 02:26 AM
    Try accessing your ringtones through Media. You may have a corrupt file on your SD, and that's what's causing the freeze. I've even had perfectly good files, that I've used before, suddenly create that issue. Those times though, it was something I manipulated in Photoshop, so it wasn't too hard to find.
    09-04-09 05:01 AM
    09-04-09 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD