I was hovering at around 13-14 MB of free memory with Facebook, Google Maps, Tell Me, a couple of games, some application launchers......etc installed. I thought that was getting low so I decided to remove Google Maps since I don't use it much. Now I have 20 MB of free memory. I didn't think that Google Maps hogged 6-7 MB of memory. Anyone else have a similar experience

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 09:35 AM
    A lot of people refer to this as memory leak. Here are some suggestions:

1. make sure to properly close all apps when you're not using them

2. do an occasional reset - battery pull or shift+alt+delete

3. upgrade your firmware

If you need more info please post and good luck!
    01-09-09 06:05 AM

3. upgrade your firmware

Do you know how to make the "shift alt delete" work on vzw 8130?
    01-09-09 07:52 AM
    Unfortunately there is no shift alt del on the 8130. Try either Soft Reset or Quick Pull. Either app does roughly the same thing.

01-09-09 08:25 AM

3. upgrade your firmware

Got all that down already. I've had my Pearl now for 5 months and been using Soft Reset probably once a week�.very convenient. I always close out apps the right way (Menu - Close) and I have Wifi disabled most of the time. I also have no 3rd party themes. I am using the BB Dimensions Zen theme. The only thing that I have not done yet is upgrade to OS 4.5�.currently have 4.3. Only reason is because I'm waiting for the official T-Mobile version.
    01-09-09 09:09 AM
    The alt+shift+delete thing doesn't work on Pearl models! SoftReset takes up less memory than QuickPull. So if you're really having trouble with memory and don't want to ruin your battery with constant pulls, SoftReset is the best!

Nick, its probably going to be a while til TMO releases an official 4.5, so you're better off upgrading now! I've been waiting for it since August and still nothing! And since the 8900 is about to be released, that will be the only upgrade I need!

01-09-09 09:19 AM
    Unfortunately there is no shift alt del on the 8130. Try either Soft Reset or Quick Pull. Either app does roughly the same thing.
    Thanks for the reply!

[COLOR="Green"][SIZE=3][I]The alt+shift+delete thing doesn't work on Pearl models! SoftReset takes up less memory than QuickPull. So if you're really having trouble with memory and don't want to ruin your battery with constant pulls, SoftReset is the best!
    Thanks! I am not having mem issues with pearl. I close all apps when not using. I just like learning all the keyboard shortcuts. Also nice to have in case it is needed! New app or something. Could have used on storm many times!

Pearl is matured and truly rock solid!!!

:On a side not, first multi-post! Its the little things.
    01-09-09 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD