Hey everybody, just got my BlackBerry today and so far it's been great, I just want to clear up a few things:
    Is it possible to watch videos from Youtube or not? I remember reading a thread that there are sites which make the videos smaller so it is possible to watch them, but forget exactly what was said. Also, what is Operamini, and how do I get it? I've read a lotta ppl talking about it being a web browser or something they use, and just want to do everything I can to make my Blackberry easy to use. Thanks a lot!
    12-25-07 11:23 PM
    One more question...what is the best way to make ringtones for free? And does it cost money to get themes such as iBerry or can you get them for free?
    12-25-07 11:25 PM
    1. Try m.youtube.com for some mobile videos. Also check out a website called blueapple.mobi I believe some have had luck with it converting movies. Please make sure you have the unlimited data plan for the BlackBerry if you ae streaming videos though as they are data intensive.

2. Opera mini is a mobile web browser. Go to operamini.com to download it. You really have to play with it to know what the pros and cons of it are. It is free so try it out.

3. If you have mp3s on your pc, you can cut them down with a free program called audacity. Then you simply drag them into the ringtones folder on your media card or load them using the media manager in desktop manager.

4. Some themes are free, some cost money. It just depends on what the theme is and where you get it.

PS, since you are knew here, don't forget to check out the links below in my signature for a bunch of helpful links to frequently asked questions and how-to guides. Also check out the free ringtones, wall papers, themes, etc on this site using the tabs at the top of the site.

God luck,
    Trevor
    12-26-07 12:13 AM
    Okay thanks a lot Trevor, I just checked my Verizon Account online and found that I do have unlimited data, but it doesn't tell me how much texting I have. The allowance field is empty, so does that mean it's also unlimited? If anybody could tell me how to check how many messages i'm allowed per month then please tell me, my dad doesn't know the answer so I can't ask him. Also, do e-mails count as messages as well? Thanks a lot in advance!
    12-26-07 01:28 AM
    Emailing uses data. And if you don't know how many texts you have a month, you most likely don't have a text plan on your account, and will be charged by the texts you send. I haven't used Verizon so I don't know if they charge when you receive them or not.
    12-26-07 02:02 AM
    I believe Verizon charges for incoming and outgoing messages. (0.15 per text message and 0.25 for picture/video messages, I believe) If you do a fair amount of texting (or just receive a fair number of texts from friends, etc.), it is recommended to get a texting plan. I think they start out at $10 for 500 texts plus unlimited "IN" texting.
    12-26-07 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD