I've been reading a few threads on the CrackBerry forums regarding complaints about the Pearl removing content without the owners permission. Now, for me, I'm having serious problems with my email and Desktop Manager.

Email Issues

Any email I receive, my Pearl removes these emails within the hour. This is NOT a memory issue! I have 18 million bytes free plus an 8 gigabyte memory card. This problem only occurred when I upgraded Desktop Manager to the latest version from the Blackberry website.

Desktop Manager Issues

Once I plug the USB cable from my Blackberry to my computer (Windows Vista), it begins to connect, but after about five seconds, Desktop Manager displays "disconnected" and refuses to try and reconnect. When I load device manager, it displays the Blackberry device with no reported problems.

It has come to the stage where I'm going to have to contact my service provider (Orange) regarding the problems that I am experiencing. I can predict what they're going to say regarding the email problem. "You don't have any memory left".

Any views on this matter would be appreciated.
    04-14-09 08:17 PM
    Did both issues start after the desktop manager upgrade? Is your phone's OS up to date? 4.5.0.131 is the current.

Any other issues aside from what you posted that might shed some light on the issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 08:44 PM
    .124 is the latest for 8120 and found the O2 version to be best not the CSL release
    04-14-09 10:49 PM
    honestly depends on the device. i've worked with them for awhile. Some work with no issues some everything breaks.
    04-15-09 01:27 AM
    Did both issues start after the desktop manager upgrade? Is your phone's OS up to date? 4.5.0.131 is the current.

Any other issues aside from what you posted that might shed some light on the issue?

Both problems did start after the Desktop Manager upgrade and I'm not sure which OS version my Blackberry has, is there anyway I can find out?

04-15-09 04:00 AM
    Options / About will tell you which OS software is installed.

The connection problem my be related to your computer USB port.

BlackBerry has published a paper to help troubleshoot USB issues.

View Document
    04-15-09 01:22 PM
    I had the same exact problem... I gave up for a bit and then decided to tackle it again. First uninstall the desktop manager and other PC related BB stuff. Then go to the BB website download the new desktop software (i would give you the links but the post is not letting me) then before restarting your PC go to the BB site and get the device software... this is for a precaution if the software some how became corrupt. Once all this is done and the computer is restarted try again. This worked for me, hopefully it will for you as well.
    These damn phones are so touchy when dealing with the software, one corrupt program code or step left out will cause a issue.
    04-15-09 05:35 PM
    I had the same exact problem... I gave up for a bit and then decided to tackle it again. First uninstall the desktop manager and other PC related BB stuff. Then go to the BB website download the new desktop software (i would give you the links but the post is not letting me) then before restarting your PC go to the BB site and get the device software... this is for a precaution if the software some how became corrupt. Once all this is done and the computer is restarted try again. This worked for me, hopefully it will for you as well.
    These damn phones are so touchy when dealing with the software, one corrupt program code or step left out will cause a issue.
    Should I download desktop manager with or without media manager?
    04-16-09 11:13 AM
    Media Manager is optional, but it adds 100 Mb to the download.

Take the Desktop Software without Media Manager to save a whack of time.
    04-16-09 12:24 PM
    What is media manager?
    04-16-09 01:33 PM
    What is media manager?
    suppose to sync media like mp3 with your berry, I use the leaked 5.0 DM and it now comes native instead of the Roxio one that they had on 4.7
    04-16-09 01:38 PM
    It's a simple way for novice computer or berry users to move pic's / music onto their phone.

As for the main problem at hand I found that dm's need to match os's to have the best results.

Meaning if you have say AT&T .115 os you should get their dm from their website. Or if you have tmo .024 os you should have their 4.6 dm, which is what I have.

So dl the right dm for your device. Maybe downgrade if you have the most updated version.

04-16-09 01:41 PM
    As for the main problem at hand I found that dm's need to match os's to have the best results.

Meaning if you have say AT&T .115 os you should get their dm from their website. Or if you have tmo .024 os you should have their 4.6 dm, which is what I have.

So dl the right dm for your device. Maybe downgrade if you have the most updated version.

What does all this mean?
    04-17-09 01:45 PM
    Dm = desktop manager

Os = operating system

The numbers after it would be the version number found in options status on your blackberry itself or in the about section of desktop manager window.

So basically i'm talking about having the right versions of software so they work together.

04-17-09 02:15 PM
    I do not believe that is correct as I am using DM 5.0 leaked with my .124 OS on my device
    04-17-09 05:08 PM
    Just seems to work best. Not saying it's the only way. Less buggy, I don't know I never have problems and that's how I play it. Just spreading what I know

04-17-09 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD