I just received my phone (Pearl 8130) two days ago and already my call my call log and sms texts have been erased. I read an earlier thread that Verizon/Sprint have taken note of the defect and will have software soon to prevent this happening. Just curious if this has been released yet? If it has not yet, has anyone found a remedy to prevent it from happening? I already read all about the memory cleaning too. Thanks in advance
    01-31-08 02:47 AM
    upgrade to the new version of operating system that is now available and this will fix it. I just upgraded the other day to the newer version and since then there is a newer one out. Since I have upgraded I have had no email or call log or text loss. I just make sure that I erase them every so often as I have noticed that once the berry gets low on memory it is slower (imo). Hope this helps. Gadget Geek and member 1 know there berry stuff if you have any questions ask them, that is where I learned from reading their posts.
    01-31-08 10:46 AM
    Okay, thanks. Glad to hear there is an update.

Can GG or M1 or anyone else help with the process to this please?
    01-31-08 11:30 AM
    Okay, thanks. Glad to hear there is an update.

Can GG or M1 or anyone else help with the process to this please?
    Dad's at lunch so you will have to settle for the less intelligent but better looking team member!
    Here you go!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/us-...ailable-16688/
    01-31-08 11:34 AM
    Thanks M1. I am d/l now....
    01-31-08 12:04 PM
    I spoke with Sprint a little earlier after my last post and they said that they have verified the problem but they still have not found a solution. They said that software has not yet been loaded anywhere. So this software that everyone is d/ling won't do anything but update your software. The bug stays.

They said that they will have software up shortly and to keep checking on the blackberry official website for it.
    01-31-08 11:37 PM
    I spoke with Sprint a little earlier after my last post and they said that they have verified the problem but they still have not found a solution. They said that software has not yet been loaded anywhere. So this software that everyone is d/ling won't do anything but update your software. The bug stays.

They said that they will have software up shortly and to keep checking on the blackberry official website for it.
    Well of course they won't. I think Sprint is still at .71 or something like that and "They" don't have any newer software. Not like a CS rep at Sprint is going to say go over to the Alltel or US Cingular web site and download their software cause it's so much better than ours.!
    Anyway, did you try downloading like we suggested? If so did it help?

I use to have .60 from Verizon, now have .97 from US Cellular. No lock ups, no lost logs, mem never below 19meg.
    02-01-08 06:31 AM
    A carrier will usually not release a newer OS version unless it is required to resolve issues/bugs which are very specific to that carrier. I don't believe any of the carriers will release an updated OS until the 4.5 launch.
    02-01-08 08:11 AM
    Well of course they won't. I think Sprint is still at .71 or something like that and "They" don't have any newer software. Not like a CS rep at Sprint is going to say go over to the Alltel or US Cingular web site and download their software cause it's so much better than ours.!
    Anyway, did you try downloading like we suggested? If so did it help?

I use to have .60 from Verizon, now have .97 from US Cellular. No lock ups, no lost logs, mem never below 19meg.

No actually ended up stopping the d/l after what they said. What all changes occur when you install the new software? Also, can I get to the .97 software from the link you provided above?
    02-01-08 12:56 PM
    What all changes occur when you install the new software? Also, can I get to the .97 software from the link you provided above?
    There were far more significant benefits going from VZW .60 to Sprint .71, since then .81 is perhaps another step up in memory management and .97 offers a full screen video enhancement. There have not ever been reported negatives to upgrading to any newer OS version, so the choice is yours.

Yes the link in Pete's post will guide you.
    02-01-08 01:33 PM
    Hey is there anyway that anyone give me a step-by-step process on how to upgrade my software? Something in a little more detail....i'm new to the whole BB system. Thanks
    02-02-08 02:22 AM
    Hey is there anyway that anyone give me a step-by-step process on how to upgrade my software? Something in a little more detail....i'm new to the whole BB system. Thanks
    GG did a nice write up. Read thru this. Post #1
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/us-...-8130-a-16688/
    02-02-08 04:49 AM
    Yep - just follow the steps as outlined and the berry and the desktop software do the rest.
    Granted I think it was easier when I had a Nextel berry and updated with Nextel software, but only by not having to do the vendor deletion step.
    It was still pretty painless.
    You will feel your heart quickening as you wonder whether or not it is all going to work, etc. though - ha ha.
    02-02-08 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD