hi all, i just got my new blackberry 8130 with alltel. i have been trying to setup my email but everytime i put information into the bis site for alltel i get the message
    " This blackberry is registered with another service provider. Please re-register this blackberry and verify that the url matches the one provided by your service provider."

also i went to the lecture series and tried doing it through the device but i am not finding the personal email setup icon. can anybody help me?

TIA
    07-26-08 12:30 PM
    You need to call Alltel and make sure the device PIN and ESN numbers are registered with your account.
    07-26-08 12:48 PM
    another question i have because i just noticed this. i have no browser anywhere on my device. can alltel fix this also when i call in?
    07-26-08 01:22 PM
    Yeah, they will walk you through a few steps. It might be all related.
    07-26-08 01:24 PM
    It is related. that message usually means that you haven't been provisioned and you don't have your sb's. options>advanced options>host routing table>register now and that will bring the sb's through and you shouldn't have that issue anymore.

also, you wouldn't have your browser if you don't have the service books... so lemme know if that works for you
    Last edited by kennethmurrell; 07-26-08 at 01:36 PM.
    07-26-08 01:30 PM
    i did the register now and got a message saying that the device was registered on the wireless network. still i can not access the browser or setup an email account.
    07-26-08 01:46 PM
    problem solved. i called tech support and it turns out the sales rep i got the phone from had forgotten to change my plan from windows mobile to blackberry. so now my phone is up and running and i have a whole new set of icons that i can play with. thanks for all the help you guys offered.
    07-26-08 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD