I want to add my verizon.net account to my pearl. My wifes user name is primary and mine is secondary. So I basically added a mailbox to her account. So when I go and add an email account to my pearl, do I use my user name or do I need to use hers since she is primary? I'm asking because when I enter my user name and password, I get an error saying it,s unable to determine the user name or password.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 12:35 PM
    It's not the email username you use. It's a separate username that was setup on the BIS account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 12:51 PM
    You should use your username and password. Are you doing this on the phone, or at the BIS site?
    12-13-08 01:41 PM
    You should use your username and password. Are you doing this on the phone, or at the BIS site?

On the phone.
    12-13-08 03:11 PM
    On the phone.
    Much easier at the BIS site.
    12-13-08 03:18 PM
    Much easier at the BIS site.
    I just tried that and it is easier, but the same thing happens.....it accepts my wifes username but not mine. I have a verizon personal mailbox on my wifes account. If I enter her usernane it accepts it and am able to add an email account. But I am not able to use my username. Again, my username was added to my wifes verizon email, so mine is a second mailbox. Does anyone know the server name that needs to be entered? I tried mail.verizon.net, mail.verizon.com, incoming.verizon.net.
    12-13-08 03:35 PM
    I just tried that and it is easier, but the same thing happens.....it accepts my wifes username but not mine. I have a verizon personal mailbox on my wifes account. If I enter her usernane it accepts it and am able to add an email account. But I am not able to use my username. Again, my username was added to my wifes verizon email, so mine is a second mailbox. Does anyone know the server name that needs to be entered? I tried mail.verizon.net, mail.verizon.com, incoming.verizon.net.
    Mail server settings
    Incoming mail server (POP3): incoming.verizon.net
    Outgoing mail server (SMTP): outgoing.verizon.net

If those don't work, I would contact Verizon and ask them.
    Last edited by hilmar2k; 12-13-08 at 03:56 PM.
    12-13-08 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD