Hi guys,

So I set up my Gmail account on my Blackberry (with BB, not the Gmail app, although does anyone prefer the Gmail app?) Anyways, now I have two apps on my main menu which, from what I can tell, are nearly identical. There is the "messages" icon and then the a similar icon, but with a globe in the lower right corner, that shows email address as the title. They seem to be identical since my mail is shown in both.

My question is how can I get rid of the one that just displays my email address?? Also, does the mailbox labeled "messages" display all my email in addition to text messages?

Thanks very much in advance.
    05-23-08 01:20 PM
    The Messages will be all your texts and emails, and the other is individual email. If you select Hide for the one with your email address it will go away, but you can't remove it totally.
    05-23-08 01:21 PM
    From BB home screen - highlight icon, press BB button and select 'hide.'

To find what you've hidden: From BB home screen, press BB button, select 'show all.'

The main 'messages' box DOES include emails, as well as call logs, voicemails, BB messages, texts. You can also change this by going into messages >options>general options>SMS and Email Inboxes> change from 'theme controlled' to 'separate.' Then you'll have a separate inbox for texts and emails. I don't really like it because then I end up having two message boxes on my shortcut menu, which I don't really dig. You may, though.
    05-23-08 01:30 PM
    Thanks for your quick reply guys!

I have another very newbie question. I don't understand how BB is able to set up email accounts just from your email address and password. Why don't they need any POP3, etc. info. like when you set up email addresses on Outlook? Perhaps this is just part of the BB push email brilliance..
    05-23-08 02:39 PM
    and I have yet another question...

Whenever I send an email a copy of this email appears in my inbox as a new email- drives me nuts! Is this what the options are talking about as a "delivery confirmation"? If not, how else do I turn this off?

Thanks so much!
    05-23-08 03:29 PM
    Yes that is it exactly. No need for "incoming" and "outgoing" server info.
    05-23-08 03:29 PM
    Welcome to CB.
    05-23-08 09:47 PM
    If you don't want sent mail to come into your inbox then log into BB internet service where you set up your email and create a filter. The filter should be set so any email from your email address doesn't get delivered to the device. If RIM was truly brilliant, they should have auto created this filter by default since getting a copy of your sent messages in your inbox is annoying and useless.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-08 11:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD