I am very new here and hope that this is not going to be a stupid question. When viewing emails that have an attachment on them, is there a program that I have to buy to view the attachment?

Thanks in advance,
    Dave
    01-27-08 10:51 AM
    I'm wondering the same thing. I cannot view any pictures that get e-mailed to me, yet my friend with the identical phone and identical provider CAN ....

I had to reinstall my OS a few weeks ago but I'm running 4.3. What gives?
    01-27-08 11:35 AM
    I've had this problem as well....but more *hit & miss* with me, some e-mails from my friends, I cannot open attachments, but others I can. However I have noticed that emails with the bold lettering that say *pix, wmv* or what not, describing the attachment at the top of the email, I simply hit menu and the (open attachment) option is there. All others, the option to open under menu is not there??....
    Last edited by Scrap; 01-27-08 at 11:42 AM. Reason: need to go back to skewl to master spelling ...lol
    01-27-08 11:40 AM
    anyone care to update???....been waiting to see if John Clark or GG will come to the rescue...!?!?!?
    01-30-08 04:19 PM
    here's a thought. The blackberry doesn't support email attachments when in desktop redirect mode. if you installed your email and desktop manager to use desktop redirect, you may want to re install the manager to use internet email. if this isn't something you want to do, here's what I did. I created another email with yahoo and added it to my phone using the email options link. since this email has nothing to do with my desktop i can forward emails that I really want to view the attachments of to the new address and have no problems viewing them. good luck
    02-21-08 06:36 AM
    Go to options > advanced options > applications and see if you have blackberry attachment listed there. If you haven't then you won't be able to view attachments.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-08 07:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD