Hi there,

I wrote a new webapp for helping me deal with the half size keyboard on the pearl and am personally pretty happy with it, using it for all my search needs on the Pearl, so I thought I share: <pre>http://t9.appspot.com</pre>

P.S. I'd be happy to receive feedback on what to improve, maybe you have some ideas. --cheers xris

From t9.appspot.com/faq/faq.html
    1. What is T9?
    Ever tried to search for "MOVIE" on a cell phone? The tiny keyboard will have you spell "MOCUE" and google wont find it... T9 will correct for spelling errors due to a non-full size keyboard on phones.
    2. What Phones are supported?
    T9 is currently developed for a blackberry pearl, but should really support any half-qwerty keyboard. Let me know if you look for support on other phones.
    3. How does it work?
    The query from the phone is permutated according to the keyboard layout of your phone. The resulting terms are ranked in terms of the likelihood to produce a valid search result. The UI is deliberately spartanic to render fast on a mobile.
    4. Why would I sign in?
    You don't need to sign in, if you do however, we remember your selection and rank it on top the next time you search for a specific term. That's all. In the future we plan to hotlink your last 5 searches on the main page.
    5. Cool I want to always use it!
    You can set t9.appspot.com as your homepage on the cellphone browser and assign the left or right convenience key (on a blackberry) to it. That's what I do...
    05-11-08 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD