OK.. Feel free to play "flame the newb" if ya want...

But I am trying to go through the e-mail set-up but I have no clue what my username or password should be, and I tried searching, read through a bunch of threads and have pretty much come up short...

Thanks for any assistance
    01-07-08 02:39 PM
    no flaming.

username and password on your email account? You gotta know that or you'll never get your email setup.

If you need a username and password on your Sprint BIS, create one.
    01-07-08 02:42 PM
    That makes sense, but when I go into the e-mail settings application, I have two options, New account or existing user. I tried the New account and it says that I already have the phone registered but have not a clue in the world what the username or password are for this already existing account. I tried calling Sprint and that was 20 mins of my life I can never have back
    01-07-08 02:46 PM
    OK, questions for you:

Is this is BRAND NEW device, or did you buy it used?

Have you actually setup a Sprint BIS account recently, and now you just can't remember?
    01-07-08 02:49 PM
    OK, questions for you:

Is this is BRAND NEW device, or did you buy it used?

Have you actually setup a Sprint BIS account recently, and now you just can't remember?
    Yeah I bought it new about two weeks ago... I am pretty sure I have never set-up a BIS account

When I go through the set-up process (even when putting in the PIN and ESN) it just says that an account already exists for this PIN...
    01-07-08 02:55 PM
    If an account already exists for the PIN, then:
    -- either you did not buy it brand-new from the carrier, it might have come remanufactured and the carrier never removed the previous uses PIN from their BIS account, or,
    --you created one and just don't remember.
    --or you bought it used and the previous user has not deleted their PIN from the BIS account.

Those are your options. At this point you need to call your carrier and waste somemore life.
    01-07-08 02:59 PM
    If an account already exists for the PIN, then:
    -- either you did not buy it brand-new from the carrier, it might have come remanufactured and the carrier never removed the previous uses PIN from their BIS account, or,
    --you created one and just don't remember.
    --or you bought it used and the previous user has not deleted their PIN from the BIS account.

Those are your options. At this point you need to call your carrier and waste somemore life.
    Hmmm... I will have to go back to the Sprint store I bought this from, because I paid for a New unit...

Thanks for all your help jsanders
    01-07-08 03:02 PM
    Yeah I bought it new about two weeks ago... I am pretty sure I have never set-up a BIS account

When I go through the set-up process (even when putting in the PIN and ESN) it just says that an account already exists for this PIN...
    I bought my phone new, from Sprint. I did attempt to set up an account before but always seem to run into the same problem, same response,
    "an account already exist for this PIN..."

well, when I try to compose an email, I get a message that says, "no message services configured. You will only be able to Save Draft."

If I already set up an account, why can't I send an email?
    05-25-08 08:47 AM
    Resend your Service Books.

on your BB

E-mail Settings / Service Books / Send Service Books.

I had to do that tonight for the same issue.
    05-25-08 11:21 PM
    I had/have the same issues.
    My BB also has a message that says there is already an account with my PIN and ESN. I also, have yet to set it up, and it was also bought BRAND new..

I also get the "No message service configured" message.

I tried to Resend my Service Books, but they do not appear to be an option in my E-mail Settings..

Anymore ideas?
    05-26-08 03:18 AM
    I contacted Sprint Online Chat. It took about an hour and a half but they set it up for me.
    05-26-08 12:27 PM
    I'm having the same problem with that error message do you remember what customer service did for you? I hate staying on the phone with them.
    02-12-09 12:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD