I have been struggling all day to get this darn pearl working.

I have downloaded and installed DT manager software for the fourth time and now it won't recognize my device. When I say 'connect via usb' it says the device is not found but is definitely plugged in.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks.

ETA - even though the BB is connected via the USB cable, it does not show as connected on the BB screen.
    Last edited by takers; 03-23-08 at 07:06 PM.
    03-23-08 07:01 PM
    you might have a problem with your usb port did you do a battery pull ?
    03-23-08 07:08 PM
    My usb port worked fine an hour ago and I've switched to another port as well as still have the same problem.

Earlier today when I couldn't get it to sync it at least showed the BB PIN in the lower left corner of the DT manager software screen but now it doesn't. It is not recogizing the BB at all.

I pulled out the battery and put it back in.
    Last edited by takers; 03-23-08 at 07:25 PM.
    03-23-08 07:23 PM
    I've done quite a bit of digging and read that I may need the proper usb driver. I can't understand why it was detecting the device an hour ago and now won't.

Any suggestions on where I can download the usb driver needed for the Pearl 8310?
    03-23-08 07:45 PM
    hmmm let me look
    03-23-08 07:47 PM
    Could you provide some info for us.

What version of windows are you using?
    What version of Desktop Manager are you installing?
    Are you using the USB cable that came with your phone?
    Are you connecting the phone to a USB hub or straight to a USB port on your computer?
    03-23-08 07:56 PM
    03-23-08 08:00 PM
    oops that wasn't the link i was looking for let me do some more research
    03-23-08 08:04 PM
    Could you provide some info for us.

What version of windows are you using?
    What version of Desktop Manager are you installing?
    Are you using the USB cable that came with your phone?
    Are you connecting the phone to a USB hub or straight to a USB port on your computer?
    I am using XP.
    I am using DTM 4.2.2 as 4.3 that the BB came with does not sync Outlook 2000.
    I am using the USB that came with the BB.
    Straight to the USB ports on the PC - tried two different ones and then tried via a hub and none of these options worked.+

Also, when I popped the battery out of the BB and then put it back in and plugged it into the USB, it said something about the usb charging current not being sufficient to charge the BB. I have been fighting with this BB for the past 10 hours - literally - and this is the first time I got that message.
    Last edited by takers; 03-23-08 at 08:14 PM.
    03-23-08 08:10 PM
    look and see where your charger plugs into your blackberry and make sure one of the pins is not bent
    03-23-08 08:12 PM
    Pins all look good.

It makes the dinging sound when I plug it in so the system does recognize it. An hour or more ago before I had this problem, I would get the pop up box in the lower right corner saying that the device/new hardware was detected. It doesn't do that any more - I still get the sound indicating the device is connected but no pop up box.
    Last edited by takers; 03-23-08 at 08:16 PM.
    03-23-08 08:13 PM
    this is very strange let me look some more
    03-23-08 08:17 PM
    To me it sounds like Desktop Manager isn't being installed correctly for some reason. You cannot charge the phone via USB if you do not have Desktop Manager installed since it includes the driver. That's why you had gotten that insufficient current error message.

I would recommend rebooting your PC and trying to install again.
    03-23-08 08:17 PM
    Oh good grief. I have installed and uninstalled that software 4 times already and it took an hour each time. I will do it again.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    03-23-08 08:18 PM
    I've now spent another hour uninstalling and reinstalling the software.

The computer recognizes the device via the usb as the little bubble pops up on the right hand side of the screen "found new hardware".

However, the DT manager still does not recognize the connection.

Suggestions?

ETA - well, it finally connected. However, now I am back to where I was several hours ago where I get the Intellisync internal error that I posted about this afternoon.

I have spent over 12 solid hours working on this BB today and I am beyond frustrated.
    Last edited by takers; 03-23-08 at 10:19 PM.
    03-23-08 10:16 PM
    Im having the same issues as well. Anyone find a fix?
    03-24-08 11:35 AM
    False alarm......Battery pull did the trick.....thanks
    03-24-08 11:50 AM
    This may seem a bit silly but did you install the software from the disc that came with the phone or did you download it from the Blackberry website?

I know it doesn't make much sense but I would make sure to install the software that came with the phone.
    03-24-08 02:53 PM
    i installed the software that came with the phone and it recognizes that i have hardware installed but it just says mass storage device and i haven't been able to get it to recognize. it won't sync i cant get my schedule to come from my palm because of it and now i can't take the preloaded stuff off cuz it won't recognize. someone please help!!
    03-24-08 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD