Hi everyone,

I'm just curious. I read in lots of forums about people switching from the Pearl to the Curve, but I don't think I've come across any people who have gone the other way.

If you have switched from the Pearl from the Curve (or if you simply chose the Pearl over the Curve), I'd like to hear your story as to why.

Thanks in advance.
    12-06-08 08:11 PM
    I have had a Pearl for almost a year and although it is a good device, i want a bigger screen and full keyboard...
    12-06-08 08:13 PM
    I have a Curve now,but, I had a pearl and it was a great phone. I just find the Curve is easier to type on.
    12-06-08 08:20 PM
    I have a Pearl (it's my first BlackBerry, but not my first smartphone) and I love it. Sometimes I consider "upgrading" to a Curve, but I only have a year left until I can officially upgrade through my phone company and by then some newer, sexier BB will be on the market!!

I would love to be able to keep up with the newest phones all of the time (I would be changing cell phones every 6 months or so!!!) but it's just impractical.
    12-06-08 08:30 PM
    I had the Pearl for quite a while. If I had not gone with a Storm, as my new phone, I would have changed it for the Curve with a full keyboard.
    12-06-08 08:42 PM
    Everyone has their own preference, however, many prefer the Curve because it has more memory. You can adapt to a new keypad, but once you start loading new apps...
    12-06-08 09:14 PM
    Everyone has their own preference, however, many prefer the Curve because it has more memory.
    A little clarification: The Curve 8330 has 32mb more memory. The 8100, 10 &
    20 have the same as the 8300, 10, 20. The Pearl Flip has 32MB more than
    the Curve 8330.

To the OP's question, my first BB was the 8100 followed by the Curve, but I
    regularly switch back to the Pearl for what I think is the superior of the 2 k/boards
    12-07-08 12:10 AM
    I have had my pearl since december. I had seen the curve 8330 & the pearl 8130. I liked the looks & love internet, I spent a couple hours at Verizon playing with both. I then went home empty handed to sleep on it.I chose the pearl due to its size, problem was I really liked both!! I do love my pearl but, I am pretty sure my next upgrade will probably be a curve

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 02:55 PM
    I have switched from an 8800 to a Pearl 8100 and more recently from a Curve to this 8130.

Everytime I try to go to a full qwerty device I find myself missing the small form-factor of the Pearl. Just feels so much better to me, fits far more easily in my pocket etc.

I am also fine with SureType... I think I actually prefer it. As they say, beauty is in the eye...
    I am DEFINITELY keeping this cute little 8130 for awhile!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 03:20 PM
    At first I was torn between the Pearl 8130 and the Curve 8330. I went with the Pearl 8130 cause of the smaller size, it fits better in my hand and pocket. I know some people have issues with the keys, but I like the Pearl's better cause they're a bit bigger than the keys on the Curve.
    03-08-09 04:00 PM
    I switched from the VZ world BB to the VZ pearl. Not quite from the curve, but it was a step from full qwerty to sure type.

I mostly miss the easy access to the special characters.
    03-08-09 04:53 PM
    I just switched from a Curve 8310 to a Pearl 8120. I would take the Pearl over the Curve any day. I hated the keyboard of the Curve. A lot of people complain about the SureType keyboard, but in my opinion it is really easy to get use to and it's far superior because the keys are a lot bigger and it's more comfortable to press. I Curve has tiny keys and they feel hard. I don't know I think it's just a matter of preference. Also, the Pearl is just so sleek and awesome looking. It fits comfortably in my hand and pocket whereas the Curve was so bulky and chunky it just didn't feel right.

Now with the 8120 I get WiFi, which is probably the best feature I've had in a phone. I love it.
    03-08-09 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD