I am so new at Blackberry. Do I have to turn it off when recharging? In other words, no one would be able to call?

Would so appreciate your help.
    11-18-08 10:06 AM
    You don't have to, but are you saying you would not want people to call you at night?
    11-18-08 10:07 AM
    No you dont need to turn it off.

Welcome to the addiction!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 10:09 AM
    one nice feature on this phone is auto on/off which does help preserve the battery life. You can set it to turn off overnight (you pick the time) and turn back on in the morning.
    to get there go to "options" on main screen and click on "auto on/off"
    11-18-08 10:13 AM
    You don't have to, but are you saying you would not want people to call you at night?
    Sorry I wasn't very clear. Yes I want to make sure that when it is re-charging that I can still get calls.
    11-18-08 10:22 AM
    Yeah just leave it on, put what ever profile you want to have set for the phone to still ring, (phone Only)

Since your still learning check out the blackberry 101 in my sig line, it will help with learning some key feature of the Blackberry
    11-18-08 10:32 AM
    Welcome aboard!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 10:45 AM
    I would leave it on. When I turn off my Blackberry it doesn't receive calls. I've experimented by calling my phone when it's off - when I turn it back on there is no notification of missed calls, or voice mail. SO ANNOYING.
    11-18-08 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD