Can anyone tell me how I can get my 8110 to switch times when I cross into a new time zone? I am a long distance truck driver and spend a lot of time in the central time zone (but I live in the Eastern Time zone). When I check the date/time settings the network time will show the correct time for the time zone I�m in, but the phone will always show Eastern Time. I am running os 4.5.0.110 can anyone help me with this problem.
    04-13-09 01:30 PM
    Best advise I can give from a different forum:
    * When setting apopintments in your BlackBerry for a TimeZone OTHER than the one in you are based, be sure to set the appointment in the respective time zone. You will find upon arriving in that time zone, and manually setting the time zone, your appointments will be at the correct time.

* The theory is this--If you travel alot, and say you live in NYC, in Eastern. You set a meeting for next week in Chicago (Central). When you set the meeting appointment, you ALSO set the timezone for that appointment. So if the meeting is at 3:00 p.m., Central, you set it for 3:00 p.m., Central. If you set it for 3:00 p.m. Eastern, then traveled to Chicago and your phone AUTOmatically updated the timezone, it would be off an hour and get confusing.
    04-13-09 01:33 PM
    Best advise I can give from a different forum:
    * When setting apopintments in your BlackBerry for a TimeZone OTHER than the one in you are based, be sure to set the appointment in the respective time zone. You will find upon arriving in that time zone, and manually setting the time zone, your appointments will be at the correct time.

* The theory is this--If you travel alot, and say you live in NYC, in Eastern. You set a meeting for next week in Chicago (Central). When you set the meeting appointment, you ALSO set the timezone for that appointment. So if the meeting is at 3:00 p.m., Central, you set it for 3:00 p.m., Central. If you set it for 3:00 p.m. Eastern, then traveled to Chicago and your phone AUTOmatically updated the timezone, it would be off an hour and get confusing.
    ok i understand that, but the problem is that my phone does not automatically update, and thats what im trying to fix.
    04-13-09 03:21 PM
    are you getting other OTA services such as emails and browsing? it should sync with the BB Server there are some outages around the place I saw on twitter, but you may want to ensure that there is service on your berry the EDGE has to be in capital not lower case, in my case it's GPRS
    04-13-09 04:15 PM
    Yes everything works fine. I�m sitting in North West Indiana right now (central time zone) but my phone shows the Eastern Time. I can bbm, email, txt, and make calls but the time will not change. if I go to options, date/time it shows that the time is 5:37(eastern time) and that the date/time source is set 2 network, and that the network time is 4:37 (central time), but the phone will not switch over to show central time. AT&T told me that I might have to contact blackberry, but I figured I would ask on here first.
    04-13-09 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD