On My pearl, i accidently set the device code for unlocking the phone, but didn't know that it did that.

So now i'm trying to disable the code, but i can't disable it because it has a little red lock icon next to it, i'm assuming, not allowing me to disable it. And when i press the rollball on "enable"(in the security options menu- general settings) it opens the short menu, and it doesn't say disable in the list.

i just want to be able to unlock my pearl the basic way, with the "#" + "call key".

How do i disable the code for unlocking the phone when this Lock icon is there,or how do i disable it period?

Please Help...
    02-11-08 01:07 AM
    you might have to reset the device to factory settings in order to go back, if you dont get the full menu that seems like an issue. you would usually have to key in the unlock code you set, then go back to the security options and then disable it,but if you don't get that option you will have to key in the incorrect password at least 10 times and that will reset the device allowing you to get back to normal
    02-11-08 02:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD