I've been looking at a lot of BlackBerrys that are out now and they all seem to be basically the same thing. Other than the Storm, they are all basically the same except for memory, keyboard, and whether or not it has wi-fi or not...

Are there bigger differences that I'm overlooking? It just seems like a company would be a little more diverse with their products...

I just don't see enough justification to get, say a Curve or Bold over a Pearl...
    02-10-09 08:27 AM
    Key differences between a Pearl and a Curve are:

1)Curve has a full qwerty keyboard. Pearl doesn't.
    2)Pearl can use Sure Type, Curve cannot
    3)Pearl is much smaller than the rest.
    02-10-09 08:32 AM
    The Bold also has a much higher screen resolution then the Curve or Pearl.
    02-10-09 09:13 AM
    Pearl has the least amount of memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 09:15 AM
    The Bold already comes with HTML e-mail. You have to upgrade your OS to get it on your other versions.
    02-10-09 09:16 AM
    That is because the bold comes with a newer OS. That is not a real difference.

02-10-09 09:24 AM
    Bold is OS 4.6 while the Pearl and Curve can only support OS 4.5 at the moment. Actually the newer Curve can support 4.6 I think.
    02-10-09 10:02 AM
    So basically the bold has a better screen.. Are the web browsers different?

02-10-09 10:58 AM
    Check out this link and see if it helps.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/89...parison-96613/
    02-10-09 11:13 AM
    So basically the bold has a better screen.. Are the web browsers different?

all the models that run os 4.5 have the same browsers, and no matter what os you have you can always download opera mini, which is that i use instead of the actual blackberry browser.
    02-10-09 07:37 PM
    Use this to do side by side comparisons of up to 5 models at a time

BlackBerry - Compare PDAs - BlackBerry Smartphone and PDA Solution Comparison
    02-10-09 09:02 PM
    Use this to do side by side comparisons of up to 5 models at a time

BlackBerry - Compare PDAs - BlackBerry Smartphone and PDA Solution Comparison
    Well, going by that comparison, I think I made the right choice by going with the Pearl. Sweet.
    02-11-09 07:41 AM
    The Bold already comes with HTML e-mail. You have to upgrade your OS to get it on your other versions.
    What exactly IS HTML e-mail?
    02-11-09 10:15 AM
    Oh and I agree, the Pearl does have crappy memory, but imo it's the best if you don't need a full QWERTY keyboard or a big screen. I like my Pearl cuz it fits in my pockets AND purse. Lol
    02-11-09 10:17 AM
    Oh and I agree, the Pearl does have crappy memory, but imo it's the best if you don't need a full QWERTY keyboard or a big screen. I like my Pearl cuz it fits in my pockets AND purse. Lol
    Yeah, and its shaped like a regular phone... I just really don't wanna have to wear my phone on my belt clip cause it won't fit in my pocket and look like a big wig ****** bag executive or something. "I'll see if I can pencil ya in, Chief." LOL
    02-12-09 09:31 AM
    Yeah, and its shaped like a regular phone... I just really don't wanna have to wear my phone on my belt clip cause it won't fit in my pocket and look like a big wig ****** bag executive or something. "I'll see if I can pencil ya in, Chief." LOL

LMAO! Funny stuff!
    02-12-09 09:33 AM
    Same reason I went for the Pearl, don't want a big ol' VCR hanging on my belt.
    02-12-09 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD