I thought about doing the search, but then thought... what do I put, I don't know? AT&T Curve bleeding over on Cellular South phone?

Here is my problem:

I got a 8130 (Pearl - Amethyst) from Cellular South. ( lol...so, is it a "Pearl" or a "Amethyst"; maybe it's just a... Blue Pearl?) OK... sorry,

I had the Curve from AT&T and was getting sick of AT&T's weak signal and loss of service where I used to have excellent service.

Anyway, When I hooked up the 8130 to the computer it added all my AT&T stuff to the Cellular South Device.

My question is, did I not do something prior to connecting to the DM or did I do something I should not have.

I am also using "mail2web" which is a Microsoft Exchange Server (BES). When I synced or activated the BES, did it automatically put everything from the AT&T Curve on the Cell South Pearl?

I had never seen nor heard of this happening.

When I log into the Cellular South Blackberry email account manager I have no folders there except the new one I made.

Also, for some reason, my Blackberry Messenger automatically forwarded to the Pearl.

I started receiving messages from people without giving them the "new PIN" for the Blue Pearl. Like it just knew I changed so it changed.

I cannot delete the AT&T mailbox from the pearl. It is not in the Cell South Blackberry manager.

Am I more paranoid than need be?

I am lost...

EDIT: I did take the micro-media card directly out of the Curve and put it into the Pearl. Did I screw up when I did that?

msblueline
    Last edited by msbluelline; 10-20-08 at 01:51 AM.
    10-18-08 10:20 PM
    My problem is thay I have stuff that carried over from my AT&T Blackberry (Curve) to my Cell South Blackberry (Pearl).

I even have an AT&T mail box on my Cellular South phone.

Could any backups from the Curve stored on the media card? Is it possible that they installed on the Pearl?

Everything transfered over. I didn't have to swap any PIN numbers or anything. It is like I just moved phones on the same carrier.

Even the old password from the "Password Keeper" transfered over.

I went from a Curve to a Pearl. Not to mention I left AT&T. I am at a loss here.

How could stuff from one provider carry over to another provider?

msblueline
    10-21-08 03:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD