when i first got my 8130, i knew how to do this. haven't had to in a while. i started a new job and have seen my crackberry.com forum time dwindle drastically.

need to be able to search phone directories by dialing a few characters of customers last names. what steps do i need to take to dial "smith"? i remember this being VERY simple, but i'm drawing a blank.

could someone please refresh my memory. thanks in advance.
    03-18-08 11:04 PM
    Type in S and all names starting with that letter will pop up.
    03-18-08 11:07 PM
    blacklatino,

i think you misunderstood what i was asking. or more likely i didn't explain my question well enough.

for example, if you were dialing 1-800-BESTBUY. there is a way to make it so you can type the letters using suretype. where as a regular phone has the letters associated with each number. "abc", "def", etc.
    03-18-08 11:20 PM
    hokie, check the tips, how to, and faq forum. Your question is addressed there.
    03-18-08 11:23 PM
    HAHAHAAAA I just visualize my old Nextel cellphone! Soon that will be difficult, only had the Pearl for a week bow
    04-04-08 03:04 PM
    When typing letters in a phone number just push the alt key and the letter you want. Your berry will convert it for you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-08 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD