i don't know where this should be posted but when i down load the CD disk that came with my 8130 uscc black berry user tools things go OK in the downing until it gets to the ROXIO and then all of you know what breaks loose roxio just hangs their for a long time and the PC doesn't do anything then after a long time it will say it has finish so i close every thing out and then roxio tries to run but it never finish down loading and it tries and just locks up my computer my computer has been locked up for three hours to night i just have got the CD deleted from my computer tonight.i have uninstalled it three times this week but every time the same thing happen it just locks up my computer i am running windows xp with sp2 and ie7 please help or ether shoot the computer or me one of us has got to have some relief.
    05-29-08 11:06 PM
    I would recommend the following:

Go into Control Panel | Add Remove Programs and make sure that you remove the software. If prompted to roll-back an unfinished version of Roxio, select OK.

Once uninstalled, put the CD in and browse it's contents. Click on Edit, Select All and then Edit and Copy the contents of the CD. Create a directory/folder on your hard drive and call it Blackberry. Navigate to this folder and paste the contents of the CD.

Once done, eject the CD and reboot your computer. Once rebooted, go to your Blackberry folder and run the install.

When it gets to the Roxio portion, the status bar will get to the half way -> 3/4 completion point and hang for around 5 minutes. It seems as if it's locked but it's not. It's just doing background processing and will continue on afterwards.

Why it will not do this from the CD, I'm unsure but I encountered the same problem and this resolved it.

*** If downloading the CD via Internet, do not choose "Run" when prompted. Instead, save and run locally from your hard drive. This should do the trick as your system may be hitting it's resource for temporary file allocation ***

Have fun with your new toy
    Last edited by digitaldisguise; 05-29-08 at 11:27 PM.
    05-29-08 11:25 PM
    Go here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

Select BB Desktop Software 4.2 Service Pack 2.

Then scroll down to download Desktop Software v4.2 SP2 without Media Manager (English).

BTW, your post was extremely hard to read due to the lack of punctuation and properly written sentences. I guess your entire post was just one extremely LONG run on sentences since you used only two periods.
    Last edited by sunkast; 05-29-08 at 11:28 PM.
    05-29-08 11:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD