Ok, I admit it. I got a lil overzealous when I got my new Pearl and started deleting things I didn't think I needed. So I deleted the sample video (before backing up to desktop) and now have no media. My music I downloaded won't play, I can't play the videos that I recorded, and it shows the first video I saved differently than the others-it shows type of file as 3gp. Please help!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-08 01:09 PM
    Just load the sample video back onto the device using the desktop manager, you may need to download and install your OS first though from VZW's website.
    05-26-08 01:21 PM
    Awesome! Thanks Blake1ze! Glad this is a simple fix! Thanks again!

05-26-08 01:23 PM
    why do you need the sample video i deleted mind to ? i don't understand why you need it i read on another post that you could delete it to free up memory.
    05-26-08 03:41 PM
    I deleted the sample video from mine a month ago and have had no probs...
    05-26-08 03:44 PM
    Deleted mine on day one and have had no problems. Now if only there were a way to delete the preloaded pictures using a Mac I'd be one happy camper.
    05-26-08 03:49 PM
    I guess I'm lucky I don't have a mac, I deleted those too! John Clark's thread is awsome!
    05-26-08 03:51 PM
    why do you need the sample video i deleted mind to ? i don't understand why you need it i read on another post that you could delete it to free up memory.

i just made a short video to see if i had screwed my phone up and i was able to record a video and save it also i have a picture that i took a few days ago and it is still their and the ring tones still play so i guess i didn't do any harm you had me worried their for a few minutes thank god it is OK.
    05-26-08 04:00 PM
    QUOTE=Bla1ze Just load the sample video back onto the device using the desktop manager, you may need to download and install your OS first though from VZW's website.[/QUOTE]

why do you need to load the sample back ?
    05-26-08 04:04 PM
    Maybe its something else I did wrong but after I deleted it I made my 1st video and now it won't play. Gives me an error everytime. And it has the save as some .3gp file. Not really sure what I did!

05-29-08 09:55 PM
    Maybe its something else I did wrong but after I deleted it I made my 1st video and now it won't play. Gives me an error everytime. And it has the file saved as some .3gp file. Not really sure what I did!

05-29-08 09:56 PM
    Update- my music is fine now and pics are great but still my first video won't play. Gives me an error everytime. And it has the file saved as some .3gp file. Not really sure what I did!

05-29-08 09:59 PM
    Update- my music is fine now and pics are great but still my first video won't play. Gives me an error everytime. And it has the file saved as some .3gp file. Not really sure what I did!

05-29-08 10:00 PM
    Oops ignore my quadruple post! Still trying to figure out this wap forum thing!

05-29-08 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD