Hi all, new to forum and new to BB!!
    I have unlimited data package on orange (but i believe this is actually 250mb per month) Can anyone please tell me where in my BB Pearl 8120 i can see how much of this data i have used - am scared that i will go over and wont realise it until the bill arrives.......?
    Thanks

Sarabop
    12-11-08 01:28 PM
    There is no on device data counter, but you can download third party applications for that purpose.

250 Mb is a lot, you will be pleasantly surprised how much use you get out of just a few Mb.
    12-11-08 04:17 PM
    so far I have used 29,527KB since November 17th and thats about 28MB, My push email is very active and I go on Myspace,Fox biz and of course crackberry fourms amoung others sites several times a day. Normally about twice per hour depending on how boring my work day is. My bill recyles on the 17th, Halfway throu the billing periode I did get a new BB so my useage during the second portion went way up. I dont think thou I woudl exceed 35MB in a month.............so I really dont think you will have a problem with a 250MB limit
    12-11-08 04:27 PM
    If anyone has a third party data counter could we get a link?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 05:02 PM
    If anyone has a third party data counter could we get a link?
    myBoxTone - Empowering mobile users to manage their own experience
    12-11-08 05:58 PM
    thanks everyone, makes me feel much better!!! Not ready to download any apps yet, still on 7 day trial with 8120 pearl, can change my mind, definitely want a BB but not sure if i will stick with pearl or go for one of the larger beasties.
    12-12-08 12:50 PM
    The 8330 is a very nice and reliable device the BB bold I am sure is a nice device but in the USA its only offerd by one carrier and its a new enough device you can't really tell how realible it is yet.

I'm sure the pearl is not bad thou I do like the full QWERTY keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 12:55 PM
    Your BlackBerry smartphone is your lifeline to the world.

And now you can monitor its vital signs and track the health of your own BlackBerry...from your BlackBerry!

myBoxTone Insight tracks your smartphone's most important performance metrics 24x7:

Signal strength
    Battery remaining
    Memory free
    Data sent/received
    Calls made/duration
    Like a cardiac monitor quietly running in the background, myBoxTone Insight collects and graphs these vital signs over time so that with one click you can quickly gauge the health of your BlackBerry, its performance trends, and those factors that may be impacting its health.
    Nature abhors a vacuum, so do software developers. Very cool stuff in beta testing.
    12-12-08 01:03 PM
    silly question - do you need to pay for thrid pary apps?

newbie here and interested in how much data i have used too.
    12-17-08 07:16 PM
    silly question - do you need to pay for thrid pary apps?

newbie here and interested in how much data i have used too.
    Originally Posted by myBoxTone

"Note: This beta application is provided free to the BlackBerry community and is provided as is without warranty or support."
    12-17-08 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD