08-01-08 10:06 PM
    Mine would just switch back automatically

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-08 10:16 PM
    Mine would just switch back automatically
    my 8100 would also
    i was just wondering why this 8120 wouldn't
    08-02-08 07:16 AM
    Mine doesn't change at all. That just seems odd to me. Did you try a battery pull then reconnect to desktop manager

08-02-08 07:54 AM
    yeah I have an 8120 and mine does not change at all.
    08-02-08 08:35 AM
    It depends on where the image is located. It will switch if your image is on your memory card. It is my understanding that if the image is stored on the device memory, then it will not switch but stay constant.

08-02-08 10:13 AM
    [QUOTE=Jrosephoto;563318]It depends on where the image is located. It will switch if your image is on your memory card. It is my understanding that if the image is stored on the device memory, then it will not switch but stay constant.

I actually have the same thing occur.....when I sync my phone it goes back to displaying the default wallpaper image, and I have to reset it. Makes sense what you say about if on memory card or device. Mine is on memory card.
    08-02-08 10:34 AM
    It depends on where the image is located. It will switch if your image is on your memory card. It is my understanding that if the image is stored on the device memory, then it will not switch but stay constant.

This is correct. The reason is because while plugged into your PC, the memory card is not available to the BB itself. Therefore, if your background image is stored on your memory card, it won't be able to access it, and it will revert back to the default background for your theme.

The easiest way around this is to keep the image in the device memory. Personally, i just deal with it, since i change my backgrounds frequently, and don't want all of them on the device taking up memory. I will manually change the background to what i want after i sync.
    08-02-08 05:04 PM
    problem solved copied image from media card to device memory ,then went there and selected it as home screen now when i plug in to desktop home screen image is still there
    thanks
    08-02-08 09:59 PM
    thx for the info. i had the same problem and now it's fixed. awesome!
    08-11-08 06:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD