So I just got my refurbed pearl in the mail. This is my first blackberry, btw.

Anyway, When I hit the camera button, I get a message that says "Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again." I dont think I have any apps running, unless theres something in the background I need to close. Any ideas?

And the second question. Do I need a blackberry specific USB cable? It looks like the one that goes to my digital camera has the same plug. I assume I cannot use this, but am I wrong? Do Verizon stores normally stock USB cables for the BB.
    08-22-08 12:12 PM
    You may want to contact your carrier on the camera issue.

You can use the USB cable for your digital camera too.
    08-22-08 12:13 PM
    by camera button are you talking about the side key? because being a refub it may not be assigned to anything yet
    08-22-08 12:21 PM
    go to options>screen/keyboard look at right and left side convenience key opens:
    08-22-08 12:23 PM
    one other thing how much battery life you got?
    08-22-08 12:25 PM
    You may want to contact your carrier on the camera issue.

You can use the USB cable for your digital camera too.
    I want to use my USB cable that came with my camera on the BB, will that work too? Do I need any kind of drivers?

by camera button are you talking about the side key? because being a refub it may not be assigned to anything yet
    Yes, the button on the side. When I hit it, it wants to goto the camera, so maybe it already is assigned...

go to options>screen/keyboard look at right and left side convenience key opens:
    Just checked and the right side button IS assigned tot he camera. So thats good.

one other thing how much battery life you got?
    2 bars on the battery.
    08-22-08 12:39 PM
    Sorry, I meant yes you can use the USB cable that came with your camera on your BB.

You will need the drivers for your device. Available at BlackBerry - PDA Software Downloads - Support & Services at BlackBerry.com or the CD that came with your BB.
    08-22-08 12:42 PM
    The usb cable is fine, you need desktop manager for BB BlackBerry - Desktop Software - BlackBerry Desktop Software at BlackBerry.com as for the camera do a battery pull and try again
    08-22-08 12:45 PM
    Sorry, I meant yes you can use the USB cable that came with your camera on your BB.

You will need the drivers for your device. Available at or the CD that came with your BB.
    Thanks for the info. My BB didnt come with a CD, so I guess I'll have to download.
    08-22-08 01:07 PM
    The usb cable is fine, you need desktop manager for BB. as for the camera do a battery pull and try again
    I've pulled the battery a couple times earlier and nothing changed. I'll give it another shot.
    08-22-08 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD