Hello everyone, I've been reading the forums for a while now and I have had my 8130 for about 2-3 weeks. I've been with Nextel for about 5-6 years and decided to swap to Sprint and get a Pearl. I only use it for a phone and media player. I don't have a data plan or wish to purchase one, although the thought of browsing the internet on my phone is awesome.

Anyway, enough introduction. I don't use voice dialing that much, and I use the Music>Shuffle function more than anything. I didn't see an option to link "Music" to the left side convenience key, but I did see the option to link "Media." Is there any way to link the Music screen? I have done a site search and looked through the options menu on the phone but didn't see it. I'm sure it can't be done, but if it can, I'd like to be able to hit one button and have the music screen open.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to talking with you guys in the future!

Mikee
    09-26-08 12:44 PM
    Wow. I can't believe this. I really can't. I take the time to say hello and introduce myself, ask a question, and I don't even get as much as a "Hello, welcome to the forums!" in return.

So much for my thinking this would be a friendly atmosphere. Instead I find my thread on the second page with about 50 views and no replies.

I guess I'll just stick to browsing. Thanks guys!
    09-27-08 10:10 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

You can easily do what you want. Hee's how.

Go to Options, Screen/Keyboard. Scroll down to the Convenience Keys and selct Media for whichever key you wish to use.

Music is not directly accessible though - sorry.

Your post was read 49 times before I saw it. The most likely reason for this is that we have a lot of new members on CrackBerry and most likely they did not know how to answer. I only just saw it but I'm in Europe and it's possible that everyone else was asleep.

Anyway, you now have your answer.
    09-27-08 10:19 AM
    Pete6, I sincerely thank you for replying to my thread so quickly after my rant.

However, if you would have paid closer attention to the second paragraph, I said "I didn't see an option to link 'Music' to the left side convenience key, but I did see the option to link 'Media.'"

Now I know that it is not possible. Thank you.
    09-27-08 10:28 AM
    Welcome to crackberry! Seems your question was answered, but I wanted to take this opportunity to welcome you (even if I didn't answer your question!) Don't worry about the # of views with no response, its possible they were like me and didn't know the answer! Don't let it discouirage you from an awesome site!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-08 10:32 AM
    =0)

Now I'm starting to feel a little better!
    Last edited by Mikee Bimmerman; 10-02-08 at 08:50 AM. Reason: misspelled "feel"
    09-27-08 10:38 AM
    hello and welcome to crackberry you will enjoy it here on crackberry a lot of good info can be found here.
    09-27-08 07:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD