Contents and Uses of my Blackberry Pearl 8130---

CONTENTS:
    All the apps that came with it

MobiTV ($10.00/month- ESPN Mobile, MSNBC, Bravo, Cartoon Classics, 2 music video channels, ABC News)

SoftReset

RadioBee (free but not very reliable)

Video Games (Pro Golf, Ka-Glom, Monopoly, Overdrive- $10.00 each)

2 two-hour movie videos and 1 reggae album (on a memory card I keep in my Pearl)

OTHER APPS I USE:
    camera, email, video camera (only possible with a memory card), web browser (ESPN Soccernet Mobile, YouTube Mobile, MSN Mobile), voice dialing, speakerphone

02-29-08 05:33 AM
    Wow, lots of interesting stuff here.
    02-29-08 05:58 AM
    So what do you think of MobiTV?.. Is it worth the $10/mnth?
    02-29-08 07:12 AM
    Hey GadgetGeek,

Although the concept of the MobiTV software is a cool idea... haven't heard too many good reviews on it. Or else I would've invested on it myself.

Apprarently too many glitches/pauses.

Plus it's not available outside of US!
    02-29-08 07:59 AM
    Yep, thats what I heard as well... was just curious of abishai100's experiences with it.
    02-29-08 08:26 AM
    Sounds like you're ready for anything!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-29-08 08:32 AM
    Yes MobiTV does pause sometimes.

Although if you do not play with too many buttons (I don't mean volume or screen options) you can get it to play somewhat steadily. The other day I watched a 1-hour show on MSNBC and 2 30-minute cartoons on Cartoon Classics ("Roger Ramjet" and "Felix the Cat"). I get comparable reliability while walking around inside a shopping mall. The reception is not always great. If I can't get TV outside the US on my Pearl, I play video games on it.

I have to tell you that I am in general not too critical. For example, I enjoy my free RadioBee radio service on my Pearl 8130 too, even though I had to download an older version to make it work and sometimes have to do a Pearl reset to make it work.

I like to keep my cell on next to me while I work on my computer (most of these applications allow for incoming calls). I teeter with my "cell phone radio" (like playing with an old TV with a semi-broken antenna).

I pay $10/month for MobiTV on my Pearl 8130, but MobiTV also requires an unlimited data plan to work properly. The Verizon plan that came with my 8130 runs me $30/month. I tune into MobiTV once a week to get random information.

Post your 8130 contents and let me peruse...

02-29-08 07:12 PM
    2 30-minute cartoons on Cartoon Classics ("Roger Ramjet" and "Felix the Cat").

Holy crap! I remember when those were first runs! Does that make me old?
    "Felix the cat, the wonderful wonderful cat, whenever he gets into a fix, he reaches into his bag of tricks, Felix the cat, the wonderful wonderful cat, you'll laugh so hard your sides will ache, your heart will go pit or pat, Felix the wonderful cat! From memory! Get that out of your head now. And just downloaded my new ringtone!
    02-29-08 07:42 PM
    The only 3rd Party Applications my Pearl contains are:
    Opera Mini
    JiveTalk
    Lingo
    Facebook
    Gmail

Naturally, I also text, BB Messenger, email, and use the phone constantly. And I still love me some BrickBreaker!
    02-29-08 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD