I have a blackberry pearl 8120. I am having connection issues with the device manager. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the device manager with the latest version. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the device with the 4.3 version as well. still no go. I have tried the hard reset and plugging it back up and starting the application loader and it still doesn't work. It's crazy, I can unplug it and shutdown the DM, once I plug the phone in and startup the DM, it will show at the Device connected (PIN):NONE. However, once I go to the connection options it will have none, but the phone will be there. Once I click on it, the device connected (PIN) will still be NONE. The kicker, the phone will show it is connecting to the desktop then it will stop. It would try this for awhile then stop. I have looked at the device manager for the usb ports and checked on the power management and they are working properly. Need help....
    04-12-09 05:58 PM
    I had this same issue last night, right before Vista gave me the first of 3 BSOD's (first since I've had Vista, btw).

I rebooted a couple of times, making sure that the phone was not connected during that process (for some reason, I think this caused one of the BSOD's). Finally it worked for me.

I know that's not a true fix, and I would love to find out what is really going on. Vista keeps throwing up weird errors now when I try to open DM 4.6, but I haven't upgraded it yet because I'd really like to get the absolute latest OS on my Pearl first. I don't know if I can use the Loader.exe option to install a new OS that doesn't come from Verizon with 4.7. I've read mixed reviews on it.
    04-12-09 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD