I have tried to download the color ball (trackball color changer) version offered at geekandproud.net (under the software link on the far left hand side menu) but it does not work for the 8130. Does anyone know of any revisions to that application? Or are there any trackball color changing applications that work for the 8130 pearl??
    11-11-07 12:57 AM
    That guy knows about our new phones, so i'm sure he's working on it, since he's commited to his product... Hopefully soon he will release a newer version if it is compatible...

on a side note.. Do you know if there is a way to use the flash as a flashlight? you know, keep the flash on constanstly and use the LED as a pocket torch? I was able to do that on all my past phones...
    11-11-07 01:18 AM
    No, I'm not sure about that one. I'll get back to you on that!
    11-11-07 01:29 AM
    Well here is our answer.

ColorPearl does not work on 4.3.

Even more, apparently the 8130 does not have a color trackball.

It just doesn't have the LED's for it like the previous version did.

sorry, I hope I am proven wrong at a later date, but as of now there is no solution to this problem!
    11-11-07 01:35 AM
    Why would RIM take the led's out.. they're really coool.

i hope your wrong...... i was looking forward to this.
    11-12-07 07:49 PM
    I'm with ya there! A friend of mine has the 8100 and I thought the color ball was awesome. I went right out and got the 8130 yesterday and was totally let down that the application didn't work. I figured if anything i'd find my answer her...and I guess I did. :-(
    11-12-07 08:19 PM
    So you're saying that it won't work on the 8130 because there are no LED's period for the trackball? And that even if they modify the application, it will still not work because of this??
    11-12-07 09:56 PM
    Yeah as far as i have read the conclusion is that it will not work for our 8130s. As soon as I hear any more info, i'll be sure to let you guys know. The written program now does not work with our newere OS. So no newer version exists.

...yet (hopefully)
    11-13-07 01:49 AM
    I found out about the color ball the hard way. I downloaded an app, only to receive a message that read it was only for the 8100. So my question is, how do I remove/delete the program from my applications?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-07 06:45 AM
    I downloaded an app, only to receive a message that read it was only for the 8100. So my question is, how do I remove/delete the program from my applications?
    Desktop Manager > Application Loader

When App Loader Lists your apps, Uncheck the item you want to delete then hit "OK"

Your handset will uninstall the item and reset, after reset follow the steps again to open App Loader, once loaded you can now click the application from the list and actually delete it from the list too.

The first steps remove it from your handset, the second remove it from app loader

Hope these steps help for you

Chamisra
    11-13-07 09:00 AM
    Yeah as far as i have read the conclusion is that it will not work for our 8130s. As soon as I hear any more info, i'll be sure to let you guys know. The written program now does not work with our newere OS. So no newer version exists.

...yet (hopefully)

#CONFIRMATION#

Yes, the required Coloured LEDs (Red / Green / Blue) have been removed from the 8120 / 8130 Models, a real bummer and we are all wondering why.

You can remove the trackball really easily, just use a fingernail under the chrome plastic ring at 12 o'clock and prise it away, then carefully run finger nail around in a circular motion until it is fully released.

The trackball itself just pulls out, it only fits in one way so no worries about replacing this and the chrome ring fits back in the way it came out.
    You should note that the ring has no securing tabs at the 12 o'clock position, this guarantees alignment.

Just to avoid any confusion, Colorpearl will not work on any of the updated Pearl 2 models, only the original 8100 Model.

Chamisra
    11-13-07 09:05 AM
    ? Why? That would be like removing the zipper from next years pant line. Makes no sense!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-07 08:22 PM
    This is such upsetting news =( I really hoped it wouldn't come down to this!!

I am weary of taking my phone apart just to get the ball colored - what is the success rate of this?? (Sarcasm) ...Does it work?? Can you eventually change the color? What do you use....a sharpie??
    11-13-07 11:30 PM
    I was able to download this software called Pimp My Pearl, it changed the color of the LED light at the top but not the trackball. This leads me to believe that ther are no LED lights under the trackball, so I called Blackberry to see if I could "buy" the LED lights.

I spoke with someone in customer service, tech support and sales. They all stated that the 8130 does have the color LED's under the trackball, the software just may not be compatible...

I just want to color my pearl, why is this so hard? Anyone have any further suggestions/comments?
    11-14-07 12:46 PM
    Yay!!! That's such good news Now it's just a waiting game until they come out with updated software. (They meaning geekandproud with a new color ball application!)
    11-15-07 12:37 AM
    Ok I'm excited again!!! ANYONE out there find the application for the Color Ball yet??? Somebody ANYBODY!?!?
    11-15-07 09:28 PM
    Hello everyone,

I work for Verizon Cellular Sales, I hate to be the one to give you all the bad news about Color Pearl but I have to.

I took my Blackberry 8130 apart, the Verizon Blackberry 8130 does not have the LED's. I also believe that the LED's would be part of the main board meaning there is nothing we can do unless Blackberry offers a revision.

I personally have waited just like all of you to receive this unit, I love it. It's awesome in everyway, however I am an ex Cingular rep and just for the simple fact of not having LED's really disappoints me!

Hopefully in the future a revision will be released if everyone complains enough about it, I mean come on RIM!

Oh and for anyone who has Verizon and want's to get a good deal on a purchase of new service or an upgrade feel free to contact me, we are allowed to access national accounts at Verizon.
    11-16-07 11:56 PM
    Thanks a lot for clearing up the confusion. It definitely sucks I've heard of a lot of people taking their phone apart to color over the light....I doubt this is recommended. Have you heard of anything like this?
    11-17-07 01:47 AM
    Thanks a lot for clearing up the confusion. It definitely sucks I've heard of a lot of people taking their phone apart to color over the light....I doubt this is recommended. Have you heard of anything like this?
    Took mine apart last night, colored the led with a blue sharpie and put it back together, did the same thing with my 8830
    11-17-07 10:30 PM
    Took mine apart last night, colored the led with a blue sharpie and put it back together, did the same thing with my 8830
    That works? I mean I guess it would have to.......did you have to take the whole thing apart or just took the trackball off?
    11-18-07 11:16 AM
    That works? I mean I guess it would have to.......did you have to take the whole thing apart or just took the trackball off?
    Yep it does work. You just need to pop the trackball out. Use a fingernail at the 12 oclock position and work your way around the silver ring, then pop out the trackball. the LED is located in the bottom right hand corner.
    11-18-07 06:15 PM
    has anyone tried this on the 8130? I tried and couldn't get the trackball out.
    11-19-07 10:04 PM
    Has anyone tried to application for the color ball under games??? It's $6.95 but it says it's compatible with the 8130. I don't want to waste my money, but it's totally worth it if it works!!!! PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!! Thank you!
    11-22-07 09:45 PM
    I don't believe any of the colorball prorgrams are compatible with the 8130. There is an app for the notification LED on the top right of the BB, though.
    11-22-07 10:21 PM
    if it is a 4.3 OS problem, couldnt someone go back to 4.2 on their pearl and try the colorball thing?.....i am definately nervous about using a sharpie....
    11-23-07 02:03 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD