Morning everyone,
    I have an 8130 set to get mail from several POP3 e-mail accounts on my own domain. I've noticed that sometimes mail will sit on the server for several minutes before my BB picks up on it and other times I get it on the BB pretty fast. I've never found a setting on my BB or in the mail setup that sets how often it checks the POP3 accounts for mail like outlook does. My question is how often does it check for new mail and is this something I can control with options?
    04-15-09 09:05 AM
    It is a limitation of POP3. BIS will poll your mailbox every 15 minutes, if it finds new mail it checks quicker (I can't remember the exact timing off the top of my head). There is no setting you can set to change this. You could see if your hosting allows for IMAP.
    04-15-09 09:08 AM
    Thanks for the responce,
    My host does support IMAP and I just checked the settings on BIS and the "e-mail server type" on the accounts are set to IMAP. I thought I set them up as POP3 but I guess not. How does that change the original question?
    04-15-09 09:26 AM
    Well in theory it should be instant. There is a chance that some IMAP servers don't support "IMAP IDLE". I dont really have an idea for solution unfortunately (short of forwarding to a blackberry.net email address). Also when you mark an email as read on your BB does it show up as read on your desktop?
    04-15-09 10:55 AM
    I just tested and yes, when I open mail on the BB it marks it as read on the server.
    04-15-09 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD