I saw on the discussion from the Barry group that a blackberry needs 500 mamp to charge while normal usb is only 100. I often charge from my computer but of course the usb ports are not always easy to get to.
    Has anyone charged successfully through a usb hub? I presume it would have to be a powered hub to put out 500 mamp.
    Similarly do Motorola chargers work ok with blackberries? I have several of their mini usb chargers around from phones I had before.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 02:40 PM
    I have a Dlink powered USB hub, works just fine. In fact, I use the USB cable from my Canon camera to charge my BB.
    01-06-09 02:43 PM
    Out of curiosity does your powered usb hub charge the blackberry correctly when your computer is not turned on? I don't know if the blackberry can get the correct ampreage from a hub if the BlackBerry isn't identified by software?

I've used other cables, but I don't know how well other chargers work... A cable shouldn't care what it is connected to, though not all chargers are created equal from my experience.

01-06-09 03:01 PM
    It's impossible to charge if the computer is turned off.
    01-06-09 03:08 PM
    That's what I expected, that the phone would have to be identified by software to get the correct current for charging. I didn't think a powered usb hub would be able to figure it out on it's own.

01-06-09 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD