Greetings,

Ive heard conversation go back and forth on how to charge the pearl2.

Some say leave it to charge overnight...

Some say charge it until it's full then get it off the charger...

Which is the truth?
    I don't want to do anything to harm the battery on my Pearl if the charger does not have an "Auto Shut-Off" switch.

Does anyone know??

TIA,
    Dm
    03-13-08 01:37 PM
    Good question. Most of these newer batteries are "smart" so keeping it on the charger shouldn't matter.

Speaking of Pearl batteries, is it just me or is battery performance pushing dismal? If I don't charge overnight, I'm done for by noon. My older "blue" blackberry I can go for days w/o having to charge.
    03-13-08 01:42 PM
    It doesn't matter.

Some will argue either way... but on these batteries it just doesn't. I can attest that it doesn't matter of they charge all night or only to 100%.

100% is 100% either way. If you notice your BB overhearting or an issue at 50% charge or 100%, remove it from the charger.

The most important factor is not to run it down constantly to like 10-20% everytime it is used... pop a charge on it during the day, etc.
    03-13-08 01:45 PM
    I tend to charge mine on my car charger as I'm driving, which gives me enough boost in between charges. But, leaving it on the charger won't "hurt" the battery, per se.

As for battery drain, you want to make sure you close your applications. The more you keep open, the more the BB keeps those apps "running" in the background.
    03-13-08 01:53 PM
    I tend to charge mine on my car charger as I'm driving, which gives me enough boost in between charges. But, leaving it on the charger won't "hurt" the battery, per se.

As for battery drain, you want to make sure you close your applications. The more you keep open, the more the BB keeps those apps "running" in the background.
    It doesn't matter.

Some will argue either way... but on these batteries it just doesn't. I can attest that it doesn't matter of they charge all night or only to 100%.

100% is 100% either way. If you notice your BB overhearting or an issue at 50% charge or 100%, remove it from the charger.

The most important factor is not to run it down constantly to like 10-20% everytime it is used... pop a charge on it during the day, etc.
    Understood.
    I will proceed to charging the pearl overnight and spot charging it at my laptop when I'm working.

Thank you,
    Dm
    03-13-08 02:02 PM
    Speaking of Pearl batteries, is it just me or is battery performance pushing dismal? If I don't charge overnight, I'm done for by noon. My older "blue" blackberry I can go for days w/o having to charge.
    Mine lasts 2 days without any problems with extremely heavy use (mostly 1 - 1.5 hour conference calls). I'm using BIS and do not have any third party applications installed.
    03-13-08 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD