My problems began a couple days ago. I normally charge my Pearl with the wall charger overnight, every night. Three days ago I noticed it didn't charge overnight. The battery got quite low during the day and when I came home I attempted to charge it again with the wall charger. The plug symbol comes up beside the battery but the battery does not increase in charge (verified by checking the battery level %). I tried it with my car charger also with no luck. The phone would turn on if plugged into either of the power sources but would not increase the battery charge even though the plug icon appeared.

I have:

-verified that the outlet is functional
    -tried my friend's BB charger, same issue
    -tried a new battery from the store, same issue
    -checked the prongs in the USB port (all 5 are visible)

I am now waiting for a refurb Pearl to come into the store. However, tonight I tried plugging it into my PC to back up my files on it (I have never charged it via PC before) and it charges using the USB cable. However, only charging it this way from now on isn't really an option due to my work situation. I would rather keep my current phone instead of taking the refurb if possible.

Any ideas? I assume it's the charging port but why will it charge via PC?

Thanks for any suggestions!

P.S. I did search back in the forums but no one has had the exact same problem that I can find.
    Last edited by cdnmedic; 06-24-09 at 09:40 PM. Reason: To add PS
    06-24-09 09:39 PM
    You could just buy a dock charger and use the metal contacts instead of the usb port. I don't know how to fix your problem but atleast you wouldn't have a refurb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD