So I've had my pearl for a few months now an all of a sudden when I text or type e mails, when trying to type the word "at" it types the word "st" as in street as the default. I'm pretty sure "at" was the default word that showed up before as I use "at" a lot more than "st." Is there any way I can get this to switch back? I think it may have had something to do with installing a new version of sprint nav on my phone?
    Last edited by pete6032; 03-06-09 at 09:38 PM.
    03-06-09 09:35 PM
    no because it will continue to keep doing it.

when you type the letters it will give you an option of words to use just scroll down with the trackball and choose the word you like
    03-07-09 10:05 AM
    There was another post on here and it worked for me to do this....open up a new msg or email and write at at at at at at a few times, exit, go back in and try it again, after a couple times it should move at to the default word. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 11:19 AM
    but if you start using st alot again it will start using st as the main word again
    03-07-09 11:23 AM
    There was another post on here and it worked for me to do this....open up a new msg or email and write at at at at at at a few times, exit, go back in and try it again, after a couple times it should move at to the default word. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That is like pressing the elevator button multiple times, it really helps get it there faster.

There are three things at work. First is Suretype and it's initial character selection. Second is Custom Dictionary, the destination for " at at at at at at" and proper nouns. Third is Autotext, it can change stuff on the fly.

Truth is, you learn to live with and love SureType.
    03-07-09 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD