Hey, I'm a newbie with a Pearl 8110 through AT&T. I've been doing pretty well with learning the ropes and all, but having some problems with the media card. I have a mac, so I cannot use the BB software, and even PocketMac isn't working for me at all... but thats another problem.

I have been making ringtones and sending to the phone using bluetooth. Works perfectly. Bought a 2gb card to put the tones on there instead of in phone memory. I plugged the card into the computer, dragged and dropped into the BB-ringtone folder. When the card goes back into the phone, I have the ringtones there but also can find them in the device memory-ringtone folder, but only while the card is inserted. In addition to the tones, the ringtone player shows me duplicates of everything i added but with a ._ preceding the filename and all 1kb. If i try to play one of those, it plays the preloaded ringers instead. When i checked the card back on the computer, the ._ is not there, its just what i put there. The ringtones that were in the phone's memory I moved using the BB browser, and the ._ did not happen to those.

<Also, I dragged and dropped a video into the card, and the video player tells me theres an error. I believe the video was a .mpg. Is this not a supported format? EDIT: I read the lecture on getting started with BB, mpg is NOT a supported format. mp4, wmv, and a few others are. So that ones resolved..>

I'd appreciate any help!
    Last edited by lilturtle2205; 06-25-08 at 10:25 AM. Reason: one part solved
    06-24-08 07:31 PM
    I am not sure about that one but I would like to see an answer. Welcome to CB.
    06-24-08 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD