Have just bought my first Blackberry, and having trouble setting up an email account. Apparently in the setup wizard there should be an 'I want to create or add an email address' option, but I only have the options to set up a work email account or to skip the email setup. Have tried setting up an account on the T-Mobile website but when I add my pin and IMEI it says it can't create an account as I need to set up my wireless network and directs me to the Host Routing Table option in my phone - when I press 'register now' a message comes up saying registration message is sent but nothing further happens. What am I doing wrong? Please help!
    08-08-09 11:36 AM
    Just recently got a new blackberry as well and have been exploring...hope this helps.

Click Blackberry Setup, then click personal email setup, there should be a link that says Add My Existing Email Account, click that, type in your email address and password, click next and it should be all set up. It's really easy. You can add as many accounts as you need to.

Enjoy!
    08-08-09 11:42 AM
    Thats just the thing though... from Setup Wizard, there's the 'email setup' option, (no option for personal email) and then just the two options to either skip email setup or use a Blackberry Enterprise work email account. No options to add an email account thats not a work one :-S
    08-08-09 12:19 PM
    of course you have BlackBerry Data Plan?
    08-08-09 12:37 PM
    I have a data plan via my phone service supplier - they know the phone is a BB Pearl - they don't support BB Enterprise Server - but still I only get the same items to select from as the first person who posted here: I want to use a work email account with a BB Enterprise Server or I want to skip email setup. I don't have a selection for I want to set up a new email account
    01-21-10 01:01 AM
    Hi

i just got the bold 9700 rogers unlocked. Trying to use on fido.
    I am having the the exact same problem. it only gives me option for work email account or skip.
    I have data plan and was using a bold 9000 and everything was working fine.
    When i insert my sim card in the 9700 i dont get any registration text from RIM also.

Pleaes help.
    01-21-10 03:31 PM
    Been there done that.Had my phone replaced under warranty then had the same problem....had to go back to the store and have the girl activate my email stuff thru the blackberry web site.What a pain in the ****
    01-24-10 09:24 PM
    same problem. no asnwer on this page?
    08-27-10 04:53 PM
    so is that the answer? go to phone provider shop and hope they'll solve the problem?

i received my 9700 bold yesterday (tues 070910) and am fraustrated that the option to create or add an email address is nowhere to be seen. Have been on loads of troubleshooter web sites and cannot find a solution . . .
    Last edited by Judy Simpson; 09-08-10 at 05:02 PM.
    09-08-10 04:51 PM
    My brother had the same problem when he got his Bold9700, which surprised me as I didn't have that issue when I set up my own Bold9700.

Suspected that he didn't set up the mobile correctly first time, so did a security wipe and started over everything again

And it worked.

Conclusion is that he didn't set up the wireless connection when he set up the mobile.
    Instead of clicking the connect button, he pressed the next.
    Therefore, the bold "thinks" it had no wireless connection (which is = data plan in this scenario I reckon), and didn't give the option to set up a personal email even when tried to set one up later on.

Hope it helps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-10 08:42 AM
    You can set up and log into your own BIS account. You don't have to go to the provider. Go to BlackBerry - Smartphone and Email Account Setup and scroll down and choose your provider.

Create a new account or login.

Under Services click 'Email Account'

Then click 'Set Up Email'

Follow the on-screen prompts

Carl
    12-13-10 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD