I've had no trouble sending MMS since I got my Pearl 8120, but all of a sudden today it just stopped. I've already:
    -set the file size to small
    -cleared out my memory so there should be plenty of space
    -did a battery pull

I called t-mobile but of course they can't troubleshoot when I'm on my phone, but i don't have another phone to call from.

The only obvious change that's occurred is I removed my blackberry data plan a few days ago--but that shouldn't affect MMS on T-mobile, and the rep i talked to today confirmed that they are not related.

What am I missing?
    03-17-09 10:19 PM
    same problem tmo is clueless. do u get a red x?
    03-17-09 10:42 PM
    wish i could help,but was with customer service off and on for nine hours.
    03-17-09 10:43 PM
    Not having a data plan can affect MMS. Ask TMO if they have the BlackBerry feature enabler for your account.
    03-17-09 10:48 PM
    Right, I get the red X too. Dang!

I asked about the Bberry enabler and she seemed clueless. Will push a little bit harder when I call tomorrow. Everything on tmobile.com says that you get MMS without a data plan--my bf has no data plan and can MMS fine.

Anyone else have ideas?
    03-17-09 11:20 PM
    From my understanding MMS is a feature that is connected to you text (SMS) messaging plan and not your BB data plan. So not having a BB plan shouldn't affect your sending and recieving on MMS on your BB, but than again since you do need a service book for this and many other features it is quite possible that you won't be able to send/recieve mms. This only is an issue if you did an OS update and then had your data plan turned off. Since you couldn't connect with RIM and your carriers server to download the service books. I am on VZW and noticed that tonight I had issues with mms. Mine were taking forever to send and sometimes I would even get a red X. I am running 4.5.0.131 (Sprint) on my 8130 so this might even be an issue with the mms.cod that Sprint wrote. But since you are on TMO and that is a GSM carrier I doubt that is the issue with yours. All I can suggest is a battery pull and maybe even an upgrade of the OS.
    03-18-09 12:08 AM
    Thanks! But I'm not very mobile-phone savvy--how do I upgrade OS?
    03-18-09 08:33 AM
    03-18-09 02:09 PM
    I ended up calling T-mobile and they knew what to do. It WAS in fact linked to the data services because I had a data plan originally. But when someone doesn't have a data plan, they have to give you some additional upgrades in order for MMS to work.

So anyone on T-mobile having these troubles should call them.
    03-24-09 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD