I have the 8130 and I use Sprint. I am supposed to be able to listen to serious radio, but it won't load..

This is how I try to get there.

1. Entertainment, enter
    2. Sprint tv, enter
    3. More channels, enter
    4 Sprint tv extras, second one down is Music & Radio, enter
    5. Music choice, second one down is Sirius Music, enter
    6. A page loads and says "The guide is loading please wait" A few seconds later a page pops up and says "Unable to load this folder. (HTTP error 503: Service unavailable. The web service that you requested is unavailable. Please try again at a later time. If this problem persists, please contact Sprint)....... This is the last page I get to see.

I have been to the sprint store and their demo model works. They cannot figure it out. They gave me a new phone and it does the same thing.
    I have spoke to Blackberry support and they are still trying to figure it out.

Anyone have any ideas???

Your time and help would be great!

Todd.
    12-23-07 09:23 AM
    Sprint has been working out a lot of kinks on the 8130. In my opinion the forced the release of this device before it was ready.
    12-23-07 12:30 PM
    Anyone get their sprint phone to play Sirius music???

I still keep getting "http error 503" Service unavailable.
    12-27-07 03:57 PM
    Does this feature work on YOUR Blackberry 8130 from sprint????

This question is for YOU. please respond with a yes or no. I need to know if it is just me, or the network.
    12-28-07 10:16 AM
    I don't have it installed but what is the link to test it.
    12-28-07 12:19 PM
    I don't know what you mean by "link"

I just know how to get there from the main screen...

1. Entertainment, enter
    2. Sprint tv, enter
    3. More channels, enter
    4 Sprint tv extras, second one down is Music & Radio, enter
    5. Music choice, second one down is Sirius Music, enter
    6. A page loads and says "The guide is loading please wait" A few seconds later a page pops up and says "Unable to load this folder. (HTTP error 503: Service unavailable. The web service that you requested is unavailable. Please try again at a later time. If this problem persists, please contact Sprint)....... This is the last page I get to see.

HELP!!!!
    12-28-07 09:50 PM
    I followed the directions above and when I get to 5. I get a screen to subscribe and I don't want to pay 6.95 + tax.

You can either take your phone to a Sprint Store to have them look at it or call tech support.

Sorry
    12-29-07 09:30 AM
    PS. You probably want to update your profile. I am confused which device you really have 8830 or the 8130.
    12-29-07 09:31 AM
    Hi Orle,
    I have the 8130.. I don't even get the chance to subscribe!!!

I have been to the store and have talked to a Blackberry tech for hours. (she was doing everything she could to help but couldn't.

What gives???

Anyone else care to try to help me?????
    Last edited by Stockstinks; 12-30-07 at 06:18 PM. Reason: add profile
    12-30-07 06:13 PM
    Ok, let me think.
    Are you sure you have the $30 data plan?
    Have you tried removing sprint tv and sprint music reboot and reload?
    Cleared your browser cache.
    Backup and reload your OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-07 06:59 PM
    Hi Orle,
    Yea I have the $30.00 plan.
    I haven't tried removing anything because I am not that savy with this kind of thing.
    You seem like a nice person that would really like to help me. To be honest, the only one on this form!
    Todd.
    01-01-08 10:30 PM
    Hi Todd,

Try this.

1. Backup your device using desktop manager.

2. On your BB, go to options, advanced options, applications, scroll to Sprint Music, hit menu and delete. Also delete Sprint TV too in that order. If it doesn't restart automatically, pull out the battery after the program have been removed.

3. Go Here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BB765225CE8C0E and dowload 8130 Wireless Handheld.

4. Install/Run the 8130 Device software (Don't have the BB connected unless it says so.)

5. After it finish, start desktop manager and connect desktop manager.

6. Once that finishes updating, unplug the BB.

7. On your BB, go to Entertainment, click on either Sprint TV or Sprint Music and download them both again and try Sirus again.
    01-02-08 08:14 PM
    I have a 8130 on Verizon, and I also have a Sirius subscription.

Do anyone know of any way for me to listen to Sirius on my BlackBerry without using tons of data?
    01-03-08 08:55 AM
    You have to use data to stream music using Sirius

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-08 09:53 PM
    Hi Orle,
    Sad to say I tried reloading it and it still don't work.
    I will meet with someone in the know in a few days. Maybe they can figure it out.
    Thanks,
    Todd.
    01-07-08 08:13 PM
    discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1147362&start=0&tstart=0

There is the site for using it on verizon. It will explain everything for you. Disregard that it is from an Apple website. Just follow the instructions and use the blackberry browser to navigate to Orb.

I'm sure you're going to use a ton of data though.

I'll try to monitor my account to get a figure.
    01-07-08 11:29 PM
    Thanks for the link. I'll be really interested in finding out what kind of data it uses. Especially since I am Verizon's $30 "Unlimited" plan.
    01-08-08 09:31 AM
    I agree.

The last thing I need is to be kicked off of Verizon's data plan for streaming audio.
    01-08-08 11:23 AM
    downloaded both orb and usirius on my PC and it worked perfectly. It took only about 15 mins or so to set up. You have to leave your PC on and running both applications. I am able to listen to all of the sirius channels on my pearl. The only problem is that the stream cuts off every minute or so on the pearl and restarts after a 6-7 sec pause. Has anyone else experienced this and do you have any solutions.
    thanks
    Last edited by cmf10024; 01-13-08 at 03:45 PM. Reason: add more info
    01-13-08 03:40 PM
    Can I download orb or usirius directly to my pearl or do I need to load to my desktop 1st?
    please help, bored at work & tired of CD's! LOL
    07-15-08 10:02 AM
    I just did this, and it works! Thanks a lot!
    10-29-08 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD