Does anyone know why there are times that I can not hear an incoming (or if I am making a call) or outgoing call. What I mean is the phone rings and I hear the ring but when I answer it I don't hear the caller. They can hear me but that is it. If I take out the battery and put it back in of course that does the trick but it becomes a pain in the a$$. Hope I can get some help.
    Thanks
    Robin
    11-11-08 07:45 AM
    I hope you get an answer b/c mine is doing the exact same thing (only I don't even hear the ringing). It started about a week ago & it's so frustrating!!

At first I thought it was the service (I have Verizon), but I'm getting the sinking feeling something is wrong with my phone. :-(

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-08 09:57 AM
    I've had this problem too. The only current answer is to reboot the phone after removing the battery. According to gearlog.com/2008/11/rim_blackberry_storm_bug_fixes.php - RIM: BlackBerry Storm Bug Fixes Coming Soon - Gearlog.

I hope there is a fix soon - I can't see this phone lasting long in my house with this problem.

They rolled this phone too early. The voice command does not sync to the contacts from outlook. In addition, when you try to use it another bug appears. ONE WAY communication. When you call someone, they can hear you, but you can't hear them. I spent several hours at Verizon and on the phone with tech support only to be told the only fix is to reboot by removing the battery and waiting the 2 to 3 minutes for the phone to come back. My phone crashes everytime I try to use the voice command. According to tech support this is a known bug that will be fixed in MID DECEMBER! That is ridiculous.
    11-24-08 07:43 AM
    It's rather maddening. I was able to use the voice recognition system to place my call, and as soon as it did, I could no longer hear my party, even though they confirmed that they could hear me. To check it, I continually called into voice mail, but could not hear the log-on prompt. I checked every possible solution on the phone, but, even though it said that I was using the "normal" profile, no sound was audible. I tried the speakerphone, bluetooth and hand-held just to eliminate the possibility of user-error. Nothing.

After many years of computer use, I decided to disconnect the battery, wait the 3 minutes for the re-boot, and try it again. Of course, that did the trick, but it has now crashed in this manner 3 times! Totally unacceptable. I thought that my unit might be uniquely defective, but I see that there is an inherent flaw, either in the software, or in the chip design. I have 28 days left to keep or return the unit. I'm hoping that either RIM or Verizon correct this propensity for crashing, as I am very happy with the Storm in most other ways.
    11-25-08 09:35 PM
    my bb 9860 has a problem, every time i make a phone call and i finish it i can not hear any sound(no ringing, bbm messages...)thats sucks its the last version really should not be blackberry it should be freakberry
    12-16-11 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD