Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
10-03-14 02:08 AM
52 123
tools
    From whatever I could find online, its only people from Verizon having this problem. I tried for a few days doing searches everywhere online to see who were having these problems and if anyone figured out how to fix it. The only people reporting it are Verizon users.

I'm just considering going and downgrading to the old OS for the phone and see if that helps. Or trying to Verizon update since I'm running US Cellular .97.
    I wouldn't bother trying the verizon update. I have it and am having the same problem.
    04-11-08 12:56 PM
    So maybe going backwards is the only option? I don't remember if I was having that problem or not when I first got the phone. I don't even know where to get the old OS from and how to rid my phone of the .97. I tried looking around online to see how to wipe it after backing everything up, but couldn't find any directions that seemed to work.
    04-11-08 01:31 PM
    Anyone contacted Verizon or Blackberry yet? I've tried Verizon and they don't understand there is truly a problem. *sigh*
    04-12-08 06:22 PM
    When in doubt, pull the battery out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-08 01:53 AM
    Oops...I posted this in another thread, but I wanted to keep it in this thread to try to centralize all our postings somewhere:

I did notice that I haven't received this problem in a few days. It was daily before, but for some reason, it's stopped for now. I can't tell what did the trick (so far), but there's only been 2 changes that I've done to the phone.

First, my trial of Jivetalk ran out, so I uninstalled it until I get paid so I can buy it. I've been limiting myself to GoogleTalk for now and that's what I've been running so far.

Second, I've been turning off my phone everynight when I go to sleep. All I've been doing is just pushing down the power button and then starting it up when I wake up. This isn't too big of a deal to me cause why would I want my phone on while I'm asleep?

So, I don't know what's going on, but it's been a little better today. Also, I've heard of some other people in my area having the same problem on non-BB phones. We're all on Verizon over here.

Any other developments anywhere that anyone's noticed? Verizon nor BB have any idea whats going on, so we're on our own until the next OS comes along. Hopefully it helps!
    04-14-08 05:44 PM
    Second, I've been turning off my phone everynight when I go to sleep. All I've been doing is just pushing down the power button and then starting it up when I wake up. This isn't too big of a deal to me cause why would I want my phone on while I'm asleep?
    My question is, why wouldn't you? Mine is on all the time!!! I wake up sometimes just to make sure it's still breathing!

It does seem this is a Verizon network problem. Almost everyone posting here with a problem is using Verizon. I have not had any issues with mine, so I don't think it is a BB thing. Unless Verizon got a whole bunch of bad BB's
    04-14-08 06:06 PM
    Ha ha, I know... It is nice to wake up and already have all my emails, texts, etc there waiting for me rather than have to boot up and wait for them to be downloaded!

Then again, my house is right smack in an area of low reception so I just feel like my phone is working hard all night long trying to get my messages and stuff. *pets BB* I don't want him working too hard at night... ;P
    04-14-08 06:21 PM
    It happened again today in the morning after about a week of not doing that craziness. The only change I've made was using a new theme I found online. Nothing else.
    04-17-08 10:04 PM
    I have been having the same issue. I had it happen about a month into having a brand new BB pearl from verizon. Did a battery pull and it worked fine for about 2 months. Just last week did it again.
    I am running .97 on verizon network
    The memory on my phone during the issue has been around 14-15
    Opera mini
    google maps
    I hope we can find a permanent fix for it.
    04-27-08 11:42 PM
    I was having this problem before, and someone on another forum noticed that it's something to do with qcp files. You usually receive them as sound in an MMS message. Though I had a some on my memory card from my previous phone. If I would play one, I couldn't hear the other person. For some reason the media player mutes the sound, but never unmutes it. It seems that playing a video will restore the sound though. I never had this problem before .97, so it must be specific that to that version (maybe it's only verizon?) Hopefully they'll catch it, and fix it with the next update.
    04-28-08 12:35 AM
    I've had this problem twice before. Usually if I put it on speaker phone I could hear the person on the other line. I called T-Mo and they told me it was a software issue. So what they did was talk me through trying to reset the software. WHen that didn't work, they sent me a replacement phone.
    04-28-08 12:58 AM
    I did get a new phone from Verizon, and it happened again just today .97
    04-28-08 08:44 PM
    It is a sound thing I feel certain. If I get a msg with sound I can't hear the next caller. I usually just reset the phone after receiving a sound. It's very annoying though if you get another caller quickly after receiving that sound.
    04-28-08 09:27 PM
    same here ever since the update having to do a soft reset sometime twice a day.
    05-01-08 10:40 PM
    I have (hopefully had) the same problem. I only had it for a week, and 1 out of the 3 calls would do this. I did a battery pull about once a day. I exchanged it last night. And I finally have everything configured the way I want it.
    Let's see how round 2goes. If this happens again, it might be Curve time.
    05-01-08 11:03 PM
    I had the same problem with my 8120. Funny how a battery pull fixes this problem. But it does!
    Last edited by classicmm; 05-02-08 at 01:55 AM.
    05-02-08 01:00 AM
    I was having this problem before, and someone on another forum noticed that it's something to do with qcp files. You usually receive them as sound in an MMS message. Though I had a some on my memory card from my previous phone. If I would play one, I couldn't hear the other person. For some reason the media player mutes the sound, but never unmutes it. It seems that playing a video will restore the sound though. I never had this problem before .97, so it must be specific that to that version (maybe it's only verizon?) Hopefully they'll catch it, and fix it with the next update.
    X2 on this. I just test it. Well I guess I am not returning my phone to get a refu anymore. Well maybe due to the LCD screen having a dark spot in the center.
    05-06-08 10:59 PM
    Yeah, it works for me! Thank goodness someone figured it out bc I refuse to send my phone away for a Refurb!
    05-07-08 11:05 AM
    Has this been taken care of? I'm running into the same issue with my Curve from Verizon with the MMS text having sound.
    05-14-08 10:53 PM
    I agree with Muerte X. I have had this happen once. Just before it happened, for the first time, someone sent me a text with a picture and sound in it. I played it and then I got a call about 5 min. later. No sound in the ear piece. A battery pull fixed it and then I deleted the mms from the phone. Never had it happen since. I agree it must have been the mms with the pic and sound.
    05-15-08 06:00 AM
    I have the same problem. I temporary got it working again by using my blue tooth. I turned on the blue tooth and tried to dial out using the voice recognition. After a couple times it connected and started working. I am planning on taking my 8330 back to Verizon.
    12-12-08 10:18 AM
    I've had my 8330 for about 16 hours and this happened today. I'm on Sprint, and they know nothing about either. They're more useless than I am. So, when I stumbled into your post I started reading but I haven't gotten any messages with sound. But then I remembered this morning I was playing around with my phone im my cube when I played a video clip in the media player but when a co-worker came into my cube I silenced the media player. Next thing I know there is no voice on any of the calls I get or make.

I've been able to duplicate the problem consistently now. If I start up a video clip, and turn the volume down or exit the media player without stopping it and pressing the menu key then scrolling down to close and backing out that way then I lose my calls. So, at least on mine, it's being cause by the media player. But I have not recieved any texts with sound yet.

Hope this helps.
    01-08-09 10:38 PM
    8830 Curve with 4.3.0.127

I had this happen whenever I interrupted a song playing in the media player.
    If I stopped it and didn't exit with the "Close", my incoming audio would be silent on any phone call until I turned it off and on (didn't have to pull the battery).

Today, I got an MMS with audio in it. I played it a couple of times.
    Later, I got a call, no audio. I don't remember how I got out of the message. But no matter. It's obnoxious that any incoming message can kill the phone's ability to play audio.

And turning it off/on didn't fix it. I had to pull the battery.

At least I know what causes it.
    03-24-09 04:41 PM
    I have had this happen recently with my phone and it turned out to be headphone mode was always on even when disconnected. To fix it I plugged the headphones in, made a call, when the call screen comes up, select speakerphone, then plug headphones out, then select handset. Hopefully it works.
    10-24-09 12:44 AM
    I just had this happen today -- had the storm for about 2 years now. I saw some of the posts here after missing a dozen calls. Then tried toggling the audio with a set of headphones a few times until it worked again. Not sure if it's a software or hardware problem. My guess is that it is a software problem that prevents complete toggle to headphones -- or when calls come in during media playback to disconnect/mute the media audio.

...It's 2010. Maybe I should have just taken it in to get the storm 2.0.

It's moments like this that make me wonder if an iphone may be worth it. ..but then I fix it and I'm happy again.
    09-14-10 01:46 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD