The best Prime Day deals that you can still buy today:Shop now while they last!
10-03-14 02:08 AM
52 123
tools
    I've had this happen 3 or 4 times now. When I call someone or receive a call, I cannot hear their voice. They are able to hear me talking. I've also tried calling voicemail when this happened and had the same result. It's almost like it's muted for the speaker instead of the mic. My wife has the same phone and it has happened to her's as well. A couple of times the problem happened with both phones at the same time. We both are updated with the latest VZW releases. I'm thinking it's something with the network, but we are able to fix the problem with a battery pull each time. Has this happened to any other VZW users or from other carriers?
    ftchelebi likes this.
    03-20-08 09:47 PM
    It's the oddest thing. The exact same thing happens to my wife's phone. It's sporatic. We both just received the 8130 at the beggining of this month. As of yet mine has'nt done this.
    03-21-08 06:05 AM
    I also have the 8130 from VZW, and the same thing happened to me yesterday. I did notice before I did the battery pull that my memory was very low. I hope it doesn't happen again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-08 07:21 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/no-...-memory-24649/

^ I've been having the same problem...
    03-21-08 07:28 AM
    Same problem here as well.

Myself, and a couple of friends have had this problem since the update. One friend asked Verizon and they said to set the BB up to do a memory cleaning. I've done this multiple times throughout the day and my phone still does it. I'm likely going to the Verizon store today to get mine replaced.
    03-21-08 08:40 AM
    I just had mine replaced for this reason. After resetting the phone and going through all the motions with Verizon, they said it was hardware and replaced it for free. I'd recommend calling them and doing the same!
    03-31-08 02:17 PM
    I just had this happen today. Weird that this thread was up here today. I wonder if it was a network issue. I did the battery reset and it works fine now. We will see.
    03-31-08 11:20 PM
    I had the same problem, the battery pull fixed it.
    04-01-08 06:24 AM
    I haven't had this problem yet and I hope it doesn't happen. It sounds like a common defect though.
    04-01-08 09:26 AM
    interesting that there are people here with the same problem i have been having. i thought mine had to do with sound in a pix. i really thought my media was locking it up. all i know is that it is annoying. i do love my soft reset.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/med...problem-26692/
    Last edited by girlnxtdoor; 04-02-08 at 10:43 PM.
    04-02-08 10:39 PM
    Mute button on?
    04-03-08 06:02 AM
    Same thing has happened to me twice in the last four days. Updated to the VZW .97 OS about 2 weeks ago. And recently I have been getting no audio on calls either received or sent. Once it actually started in the middle of a call. I thought I got disconnected but the audio just cut out. My wife said she could hear me but I couldn't hear her. All other audio was working fine. Only thing that worked was a battery pull. Maybe I should get mine replaced too...
    04-03-08 10:20 AM
    Same thing has happened to me twice in the last four days. Updated to the VZW .97 OS about 2 weeks ago. And recently I have been getting no audio on calls either received or sent. Once it actually started in the middle of a call. I thought I got disconnected but the audio just cut out. My wife said she could hear me but I couldn't hear her. All other audio was working fine. Only thing that worked was a battery pull. Maybe I should get mine replaced too...
    I did the .97 update one day and a few days later i noticed my calls would be like that, including voicemail. I did a battery pull and it was fine, and hasn't happened again.
    04-03-08 10:37 AM
    Same thing happen to me just started yesterday. Its not the memory cause I check before and it was around 14 mb. It just did it like 2 min. ago. Don't think is our BB but verizon side. Every thing else works good just anything to deal with calling or receiving calls and MMS .
    Last edited by sho95; 04-03-08 at 10:49 AM.
    04-03-08 10:46 AM
    Wow, I thought I was the only one with this problem. I work for VZW and haven't seen anything like this. Since I got my software updated this happens about every other day. I pop out the battery and put it back in the the problem is fixed....for the moment. Don't know of any permanent fixes. If you haven't done the SW upgrade yet, don't do it if you don't have too.
    04-03-08 08:53 PM
    This happened to me too! It happened once and then twice, and now its something I'm paranoid about! There doesn't seem to be a rhyme nor reason why it starts happening on my phone, but it just starts doing it!

Like today, it happened twice. Both times I just used Softreset and its gone. There have been other little wierd things that have happened to me that kind of coincides with this happening, I've noticed. Like today (and the other night), data won't work. It shows like it sends text, mms, etc, but doesn't receive any in return nor a confirmation of delivery. Today it did the same thing. I had a friend texting me right beside me and I wouldn't receive any of them. My Jivetalk disconnected, no internet, etc. Then I tried making a call and noticed the silence. When I rebooted, everything flooded in! Emails, texts, pics, everything! It even resent things that I had tried sending out over again.

In the grand scheme of things, it isn't that big of a deal, but I've missed some important phone calls because of it. They'll hear everything and I just have to hang up, restart, and then return the call 5 minutes later once the phone is all done booting back up. That's going to get old.....fast. I love my Blackberry too much!

I'm sure Verizon will ship me a new phone, but I want to avoid that as much as humanly possible. I feel like it's not a hardware issue and I don't want to get a new phone and then, a couple of weeks later, it starts happening again.

Maybe there's some sort of pattern we could pick out from all of our experiences? The only things I have installed are:

US Cellular OS 4.3.0.97 (which at first I thought was the problem, but then I read through this thread that many people are experiencing the same thing even with Verizon's version)
    Google Sync for calendar
    Jivetalk
    Viigo
    Opera Mini 4 and recently installed 4.1
    Facebook app
    Google Maps

I'm also on the BIS service, not the BES.

I hope we can figure this out. Maybe we should email someone at Blackberry? Anyone have any ideas? Is this happening with anyone on a different service other than Verizon?
    04-03-08 09:29 PM
    I had two phones replaced for this. However I did an experiment after my final replacement did it too. I deleted my Bluetooth from my pearl for a month. I have had no problems since. Anyone else have Bluetooth and having these problems? And yes they started after I upgraded from 60 to 97. But I was using is cellular OS before Verizon came out then loaded verizons just for the **** of it. Didn't fix it. Verizon data team guy knew nothing about it. In fact he didn't know much. I actually had to explain a few things to him I learned from these forums lol. Kinda funny if you think about it. Maybe I should email him a link to this page so he can better help his customers!

04-04-08 01:56 AM
    And the only APS I have are epocrates, google sync, VZ navigator and that's it.
    04-04-08 02:08 AM
    It happened to my friend too...a battery pull fixed it...

It's important to remember that a BlackBerry is 1st a computer and 2nd a phone. Just like a desktop or laptop, it needs to be rebooted every couple of weeks to keep the memory fresh and the system in check. If you're not doing this with the BB and the memory is getting low, it will prevent other functions from working, including call functions.
    04-04-08 02:51 AM
    Hm, true, it does need to be restarted every so often. I do it everyday or two whenever I notice the memory low or it just starts acting up a little.

I think the problem starts when it continues to happen and more often. I know that yesterday I rebooted once and it was fine. Then a few hours later, it happened again and I checked the MEMORY just to rule out that possibility and I had over 8mb available. It just...happens often now.
    04-04-08 09:59 AM
    I have installed google sync and facebook. It's still happening but I'm like another poster, I reset my phone when I know I'm waiting for an important call just so it doesn't mess up. I'm paranoid....Has anyone contacted BB? Verizon is clueless...
    04-04-08 06:06 PM
    If you haven't done the SW upgrade yet, don't do it if you don't have too.

Yeah, I had planned on not getting the upgrade since I had the newest alltel release. Then I bricked my phone while trying to get more memory by removing unnecessary files. So I figured "Why not upgrade since I have to reload anyway?"

/facepalm.......
    04-04-08 08:36 PM
    Any new developments with anyone? I was trying to see if I could contact Blackberry Support, but I can't pay for their support. Maybe I'll try Verizon first then...
    04-07-08 01:17 PM
    Same problem here. It is a big problem, especially if you are on an important call. I have checked the mute function and that is not the problem because other party can still here you. I also tried to put call on speaker and still nothing. Ringtones and everything else plays fine. Battery pull fixes this for the time being but will happen again. Is tis just a Verizon issue?

04-10-08 11:37 PM
    From whatever I could find online, its only people from Verizon having this problem. I tried for a few days doing searches everywhere online to see who were having these problems and if anyone figured out how to fix it. The only people reporting it are Verizon users.

I'm just considering going and downgrading to the old OS for the phone and see if that helps. Or trying to Verizon update since I'm running US Cellular .97.
    04-11-08 12:34 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD