I have an MTS ( Canada) Pearl 8130 with 4.5 os, and have tried everything to get Sirius streaming on my phone but still get the error message when the media player opens to stream the music. "Cannot play, unsupported media format"

I tried all the settings on the mobile orb but nothing works. And I know I have orb setup right on my computer as I can stream it fine though a friend's Iphone.

Any ideas or is it possibile that certain providers can block streaming music from being played? I ask this because others say they can stram Sirius through their 8130s but I can't and I have tried all the settings...it makes no sense to me?
    08-24-08 11:01 PM
    Do you have usirius open as well? You need orb and usirius both open and running on your desktop in order for orb to work on your 8130

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-08 09:24 AM
    Yes, both are running...
    08-25-08 11:30 AM
    can you get anything to work on orb, or is it just sirius? mine used to not work when i was running 4.3, but it started working perfectly when i upgraded to 4.5.

what does your speed test rate say on there? i have noticed that if don't have a good speed test rate, that certain things wont play, but then if i go out on the porch and get a really good signal and retry to speedtest it works just fine.

I wish I could be of more help, but that's all I've got.
    08-25-08 01:13 PM
    can you get anything to work on orb, or is it just sirius? mine used to not work when i was running 4.3, but it started working perfectly when i upgraded to 4.5.

what does your speed test rate say on there? i have noticed that if don't have a good speed test rate, that certain things wont play, but then if i go out on the porch and get a really good signal and retry to speedtest it works just fine.

I wish I could be of more help, but that's all I've got.
    I have the 8130 with sprint running the mts 4.5 version. What do I have to do to get sirius on my phone???
    08-27-08 12:42 PM
    maybe some providers block streaming content? That is the only answer I have as to why mines not working as I tried everything...
    08-28-08 01:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD