I'm a newbie- I did search around but couldn't find what I was looking for, and I'm spending WAY too much time trying to wrangle this little device! Wasnt it supposed to make my life easier? Ah, but I digress.

I loaded the Desktop Manager this morning, after someone suggested I try to load apps and themes and such that way, after having no luck doing it from my Pearl. But the desktop manager doesn't work either. I have downloaded google maps for example, but can't load it- I just get a message saying no apps for my device were found. I made sure it was for the pearl. Similarly, I can't get my BB to open or run any downloaded files.

It won't synch with my Outlook either. In the wizard, it comes up with Outlook Express, which isn't even on my machine! This is driving me to insanity.

I am on US Cellular network, if that helps. Do I need an expansion card to run stuff? Sorry if this is a stupid question- it is not intuitive to me. I tried loading an mp3 on and it said I didn't have enough memory. I have added nothing since buying it.

Any thoughts? I'd really appreciate anyone's insight or even pointing to relevant posts I may have missed.

Jen
    Last edited by FPCM; 02-14-08 at 10:40 AM. Reason: forgot something
    02-14-08 10:39 AM
    Did you use the Desktop Manager that came with the phone on the CD, or the one of the Blackberry website?

I found the one of the CD actually worked better for me - even though it may be a little older.
    But try the opposite to what you have already
    02-14-08 11:18 AM
    In order for the DT Manager to work you also need to download and install the device's OS Software ALONG with the software that you either downloaded or that came with your BB on the CD. DT Manager needs to see the OS on your PC in order to work.

I see you are with US Cellular, at the top of this thread (it's a sticky) is where you can find the latest OS software, but you shouldn't have to delete the vendor .xml file per the instructions.
    Last edited by Member_No.1; 02-14-08 at 11:58 AM.
    02-14-08 11:54 AM
    02-14-08 12:28 PM
    Thanks, I'll try and post back with results!
    02-14-08 01:55 PM
    Ok, I did all that, and I was able to load some apps on to my Pearl, but it still wants to sync with Outlook Express, which I don't have. Is there a way to specify that Outlook is what it should sync to? I have looked and looked but can't find anything in the documentation or the app.

?
    02-14-08 06:34 PM
    From memory, on a Mac right now, In DT Manager, (your BB must be connected) under Synchronize, Click the Configuration tab, Click Configure synch.. Choose any one that you want to sync, click set-up, and it should give you a list of what you want to sync with.
    02-14-08 07:55 PM
    It does give me a list, but Outlook isn't on it- only Outlook express. I have confirmed that it is not on my computer, too.
    02-15-08 08:59 AM
    What version of Outlook you using? I think there are issues with 2007.
    02-15-08 10:38 AM
    Are you running outlook 2003 or later because I know my bb pearl 8130 from verizon won't sync with an older version.
    02-15-08 10:40 AM
    Ahhh. I am running 2000 (yikes, is it really that old?). Bummer!
    02-15-08 01:51 PM
    Ok...
    What you need to do is uninstall DT 4.3 and download 4.2 SP2.
    You can get this from the BlackBerry Web Site.
    Try that and let me know how you make out.
    4.3 doesn't work with anything older than Outlook 2002.
    02-15-08 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD